Im beeing blocked???

Moderator: Mike Everman

Rossco
Antipspambot question: 0

Im beeing blocked???

Post by Rossco » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:36 am

Hey,
My puter is being blocked from access to the Pulse-jets site?
I have been having withdrawls for the last two weeks or more!
On any other computer i can get in, and my ID works fine.
On my workshop computer i cant even get to the main site, although all other sites work.

What have i done, are you all rejecting me?

Ben, i sent you an email, although im not sure if that got through either?
How can i get unblocked?
HELP

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

tufty

re: Im beeing blocked???

Post by tufty » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:10 am

Hey Ross.

Have you changed ISPs recently?

I had exactly that issue for over a year, others have had the same. It seems that one of the machines you go through "on the way" to pulse-jets is blocking certain IP ranges, probably as part of some over-zealous antispam thing. For me, it was anything in the Wanadoo.fr dsl range, which is a bit of a bugger as that's who my DSL is through...

You might try doing a `tracert www.pulse-jets.com` (assuming you're on Windows) and seeing if the last server before it all starts timing out is, by any chance, ivhou-207-218-223-106.ev1.net. Which happens to be a machine that is owned by the people hosting pulse-jets.com.

[edit] I should add that by "the people hosting pulse-jets.com", I mean "the hosting company / ISP" and not that it's anything Ben can do much about beyond barking at ev1.net's support people. It's probably a level 3 router that's misconfigured, or somehow you've managed to get assigned an IP address that has been blocked for abuse

If you're on DSL you might also want to try dropping your connection and reconnecting, which should get you a new IP address.

Simon

Jonny69

Post by Jonny69 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi Rossco, I have the same problem. It's an IP thing and I am also on Wanadoo but in Blighty not France. If I disconnect and reconnect a few times it gives me an IP address that gets through.

The only reliable way I have found is to buy a router that keeps the broadband connected permanently. I reconnect until I get an IP address that gets through and leave it at that. It seems to hop through about 20 servers to get to this site though, I don't know where in the world they have it hidden!

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:46 am

Ha haaaa!
Im in.

I near took a gas ax and a welder (normaly what i fix stuff with) to my puter.
BUT, i got it sorted now.
Yes IP thing. Kept hitting them till i got through the "bad range" or something. Dont know. Stupid puter.
Thanx guys.

Rossco

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:59 am

The worst thing is writing something stupid and then you can't get back on to correct it. And a close second is losing all that you attempted to post. I've at least learned to copy and save in the advent of such a scenario. It's a battle sometimes for me to log in and post, sometimes I will be logged in and attempt to edit my own post, by clicking the edit feature, only to be told "You can only edit your own posts!" ha ha ha
Mark
Presentation is Everything

kid jansen

Post by kid jansen » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:14 am

Use a proxy server, I'm using a proxy server as well and it works fine. If I don't, it's impossible for me to get on this site, although all other sites are working great.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:45 am

I tried to log in and I couldn't so I tried an Explorer browser through AOL and it works fine so far. Thanks for the tip, I guess that is a proxy server?
Mark
Presentation is Everything

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Sat May 06, 2006 3:11 am

Its still happening....
I just take a look every now and then "incase i can get in", rather than "trying too".

Any info that i can give to help Ben?

Rossco

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat May 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Just curous, are you turning your computer off every day? How about leaving it on? Is your connection on all the time?
Mike

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Sat May 06, 2006 9:13 pm

Yay! two days in a row, now im getting spoilt.

Hey mike,
Yes i do shutdown every night. I never know when i will be back in the workshop. Sometimes im out for two weeks, and i dont know how they go sitting on?
Youve got a bunch of computers there, always on. Whats the "rules"?

How do they go just being left on all the time?

It would really avoid the problem, as it is an ip thing for sure.
I just have to copy that proxy that Ben posted, and use it when i do get stuck.

Rossco

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat May 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Computers last forever left on. I've got 15 or so that never go off. I'd just leave it on when you get a good channel, and switch off the monitor when you leave.
Mike

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Sat May 06, 2006 9:30 pm

Why the hell have i been logging on and off, shutting down, starting up, reconfiguring windows when it desides to change everything on a startup.............for all these years?!

Anything that i should do for connection security? Thats one think that i dont like to be sitting up while im not here. Just block all i suppose?

Thanx heaps Mike! Good morning BTW from here, sleep well!

Rossco

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: re: Im beeing blocked???

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sun May 07, 2006 7:01 am

I have four (or five?) connected to a local network, with a central router-hub for connection to the Internet, and everything is always on. They get rebooted only when some software upgrade demands it and turned off only when a component needs to be changed.

I don't even turn the monitors off physically, but have them go on stand-by (which cuts power use down to a symbolical level).

Security is handled by a good firewall, a good anti-virus program (Sophos) and two anti-adware and anti-spyware programs. The latter three are updated on a weekly basis. I have problems only extremely rarely.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Sun May 07, 2006 3:45 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:I have four (or five?) connected to a local network, with a central router-hub for connection to the Internet, and everything is always on. They get rebooted only when some software upgrade demands it and turned off only when a component needs to be changed.

I don't even turn the monitors off physically, but have them go on stand-by (which cuts power use down to a symbolical level).

Security is handled by a good firewall, a good anti-virus program (Sophos) and two anti-adware and anti-spyware programs. The latter three are updated on a weekly basis. I have problems only extremely rarely.
Your firewall is good Bruno, the computer near the window has a few tracking cookies that need clearing, the one connected to the laser printer could do with a registry clean at some point and the internet cache could be cleared and free up some hard drive space on that machine, the other PCs on your network look ok but i am a mac expert really, I think the one nearest your office door as you walk in to the room though could really have a decent look over as it seems a bit slow to me.

Viv;-)

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun May 07, 2006 11:06 pm

Rossco wrote:Why the hell have i been logging on and off, shutting down, starting up, reconfiguring windows when it desides to change everything on a startup.............for all these years?!

Anything that i should do for connection security? Thats one think that i dont like to be sitting up while im not here. Just block all i suppose?

Thanx heaps Mike! Good morning BTW from here, sleep well!

Rossco
Oh, yeah, and use Firefox! MS Iexplore is a piece of crap that lets every bad thing in the world in. I've stopped running virus scans for about 8 months now that it's my browser.
Last edited by Mike Everman on Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike