Proof.

Moderator: Mike Everman

Tom
Antipspambot question: 0

Proof.

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:19 pm

I want proof.

Seriouisly.

I know I said I'd be away for a while, but this place is quite addictive. However, returning to someone saying oh you need this, or this or this, and only to research and find that the idea is either completely unfounded, impossible or otherwise is just a pain in the ass.

Now, i'm not saying people have to reference every single suggestion that they make, but I'd like to see some sort of accompyaning proof, especially with some of the ideas being suggested in the Rocketry Forum, even if it is just a simple unbalanced reaction or something to that effect. It's just my thought of a way to cut down on, plainly put, stupid ideas.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Tom

re: Proof.

Post by Tom » Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 pm

Thought it had died down, but it's come back with avengance.

Once again, what the hell. I mean, seriously. If you need to ask what materiels are to be used in the construction of an Oxygen/Propane Bi-Propellant rocket, you need to stop and ask yourself if this is really a good idea.

Granted, with most things as ambitious as that, They will never make it to fabrication. However, there is still a lot of unfounded chemistry talk in the rocketry forum, to the extent that i'm loosing the main place on this site that I liked to hang out in. Now I'm just dreading going there, becuase I know the posts are just going to make my draw drop in terms of content.

Can we please do /something, anything/ about this?
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

marksteamnz

re: Proof.

Post by marksteamnz » Tue May 09, 2006 7:48 am

What can I say Tom. You are correct. I have tried to help but the lunatics have taken over the asylum. I will continue to point out the extreme Bullshit, and hope the Dawin awards contenders don't hurt anyone else.
Personally I would ban anybody suggesting lighting off hobby rockets with fuzes, and anyone who had obviously not bothered to read ALL of the Nakka site.
Feeling very grumpy today.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

tufty

Re: re: Proof.

Post by tufty » Tue May 09, 2006 6:02 pm

marksteamnz wrote:Feeling very grumpy today.
You're not the only one.

I don't like to recommend doing this, but if it's getting to you, using Firefox in conjunction with the phpBB UserHide extension keeps the noise levels down. It's a bit "not in the spirit of things" though, and does mean that you might miss a chance to point out ways for people not to blow their hands off.

My personal ban request would be not so much for asking stupid questions but for using language such as "OMG wot u usng fr tht?". Misspellings and grammatical failings I tend to ignore, especially given the number of non-native english speakers around, but txtspk really gets up my nose.

Simon