adios

Moderator: Mike Everman

paul skinner

adios

Post by paul skinner » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:19 am

Later,

enjoy the site.
Last edited by paul skinner on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tom
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:31 am

i don't know, but i dont think i would fly to the idea PS. I mean, i have found this place a great source of enjoyment and entertainment, and not just the place, but the people who post here too. I am sure that there must be another way, personally approved memberships? the amount of new members is pretty small per week, and if Kenneth were to share Moderator status about, i am sure it would be no big task. Just have some way of verifying the information given by the applicant.....I will think of something. Anyone else have any ideas?

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:53 am

i like tom's idea, i dont think that making people pay would work, i think it would scare away potential new commers!!

Stephen

paul skinner

X

Post by paul skinner » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:56 am

XX
Last edited by paul skinner on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:19 am

I say "Let it go". Ivar seems to be able to keep the politics out lately, until Skinner rears up and flames him. So much anger going on.

Ivar: just keep the political and human suffering out of here, please, and attempt to keep the discussion technical.

Principal Skinner: If you find his opinion unnecessarily negative, please try to ignore him.

I'm tired of the whole subject, and I don't care what who said or e-mailed when or why! Bury it like gentlemen; that's the solution!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:16 am

Principal Skinner-
I was not attacking you in the least.
You must understand that I have seen none of what you speak, being new. None of it is evident in the new forum, which is my only experience. All that is there is the battle between you and he.

I have been informed off-line now, of some crap that was said by him, and it is heinous. But banning him doesn't seem to work. We must all ignore him and he will go away; like our lurker from a few days ago.

I sure as hell don't want to be the ignorant one that helped push you, a valuable voice around here, off the forum. If you do read this, I hope you can come back.

paul skinner

Post by paul skinner » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:19 am

No worries. I don't hold grudges.

I understand the bitching is a problem for everyone, and I do apologize up front. I'll try and shut up a bit more.

But, it's also a web site. I'm not married to it....

Later,

P Skinner

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:22 am

My wife's looking sideways at me. She sure thinks it's the new Mrs. Everman!

kenneth
Site Admin

Post by kenneth » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:07 am

Coffee wrote:i don't know, but i dont think i would fly to the idea PS. I mean, i have found this place a great source of enjoyment and entertainment, and not just the place, but the people who post here too. I am sure that there must be another way, personally approved memberships? the amount of new members is pretty small per week, and if Kenneth were to share Moderator status about, i am sure it would be no big task. Just have some way of verifying the information given by the applicant.....I will think of something. Anyone else have any ideas?

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

personally approved memberships!

why will that help ?? , i can't juge people out form name , country etc!!

share Moderator

ok , who will be a Moderator

kenneth

Stephen H
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Stephen H » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:30 am

what type of mod. we going to have ? like ones who check all the messages before they go though or one who reads all the messages and can delete/change whatever is needed ?

what ever happens we will probibly need atleast 2 mods. for each forum!

Stephen

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:01 pm

ok, i am stumped. to answer Stephen, i was thinking ones who could see and have controll over messages, preferably those who spend a fair amount of time on the forums, i am on each evening, i check some times in the morning, and at school sometimes during IT lessons :o) someone who spends a fair time on here should make a pretty good mod.

Tom

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:12 pm

I am a fan of unmoderated; I think it is working well. I am not a fan of Bruce's forum because it is not instant; it took three days for one of my posts to post. I never went there again. I'd answered my own question, or found it here or changed my approach half a dozen times in that span.

I know this is not a chat-room, but I like the instant interchanges when they happen. The bad seeds can be weeded out when there's a communal "whoa, dude, that's not right", by a moderator with powers, but please don't turn it into a bottleneck to brainstorming.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:35 pm

i didnt mean like bruces forum. we all have the power to delete our own posts, and i was thinking of just deleting anything deemed innapropirate, taking some of the workload off kenneths back.

Tom

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:23 pm

Cool. You got my vote.

tufty

Post by tufty » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:02 pm

Mike Everman wrote:Cool. You got my vote.
My vote (if it counts, being a new member and all) would be for a wiki style approach. No moderation beyond that provided by the members themselves. I like a wiki.

Simon