Small beef

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Small beef

Post by Viv » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:34 pm

It would be nice if people filled their profiles out in a bit more detail.

Just adding your country in the locations field would be nice, it helps when you are talking to some one if you know were they are from.

A lot of interculteral filters are employed when communicating on a forum like this.

As an example myself and Niclas on the old forum got in to a argument simply becouse I did not realise he was translating my local UK idiom to Swedish!

Come on it will take no more than a minute of your time to update your profile.

A dyslexic button "yse" "No" button would be nice too:-)

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

paul skinner

Re: Small beef

Post by paul skinner » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:51 pm

Viv wrote:It would be nice if people filled their profiles out in a bit more detail.

Just adding your country in the locations field would be nice, it helps when you are talking to some one if you know were they are from.

A lot of interculteral filters are employed when communicating on a forum like this.

As an example myself and Niclas on the old forum got in to a argument simply becouse I did not realise he was translating my local UK idiom to Swedish!

Viv
Sorry Viv, but personally I won't post any personal information on this site because of Ivar. I don't want him to know any more information than necessary about me. On the other forum, I posted a link to my email address at hotmail, and he used it to send me threatening, racist emails. Besides, if I want to contact someone, I would PM them, and then strike up a conversation that way. It's just as easy.
:)

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Small beef

Post by Viv » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:17 pm

Principal Skinner wrote:
Viv wrote:It would be nice if people filled their profiles out in a bit more detail.

Viv
Sorry Viv, but personally I won't post any personal information on this site because of Ivar. I don't want him to know any more information than necessary about me. On the other forum, I posted a link to my email address at hotmail, and he used it to send me threatening, racist emails. Besides, if I want to contact someone, I would PM them, and then strike up a conversation that way. It's just as easy.
:)
Point taken and I fully understand your concerns, I would just say again though that it was the country location I was hoping people would update.

I am very sorry that you had your personal email abused, I think we have tolerated far too much in the past and now it is time for positive action regarding this type of thing.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Kirney
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Kirney » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:53 pm

Principal Skinner already has his country up anyway. He even mentioned his province too (although its not like he lives in PEI).