Threads Specific to Computers.

Moderator: Mike Everman

Hank
Antipspambot question: 0

Threads Specific to Computers.

Post by Hank » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:02 pm

Hello- I would like to be able to use a section of this Forum for threads specific to Computers, where the people who use this Forum can address problems, functions, thoughts relevent to same.
What say ye?
Hank

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Threads Specific to Computers.

Post by Viv » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:02 am

Seems like a good idea to me Hank I am an ex Mac and network engineer so i would be happy to help in that regard.

viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

NanoSoft

Post by NanoSoft » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:49 am

Not to put Hank and Viv down but I agree with Ben. This is a pulsejet form and computers belong in the off topic area because that is what they are. If you want a computer forum there are plenty elsewhere. Just doesn't make much since to me to put a computer thread on a jet forum. I have nothing against computer forums (I am part of a couple) but they don’t belong here.

Just my two cents.

Nanosoft

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:59 am

I am pretty easy about it all, I am happy to help were ever its posted weather its in its own forum or in the off topic forum.

I was just listing my skils and experiance and the offer to help

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Hank
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Hank » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:14 pm

Hello- I disagree with the folks who state that a computer thread isn't relevent here.
Beyond building an operating pulsed combustion device, or any other of the heat engines posted on this site (Which might have been designed utilizing a computer.) there will be those interested in investigating the operation using sensors. One could hook up various temperature and pressure sensing devices and scramble around, clipboard and pen in hand, attempting to jot down the pertinent data as it happens. Then again, one could interface those sensors with a central collection point (Your PC) and have all data transcribed. A heading on this Forum is pertinent.
The price and availability of the equipment necessary for data collection are not out of the range of the home builder these days.
Forums, Blogs, Chat relevent to the specific use of computers for dynamic engineering inquiry have not been found by me. Please inform me of same if you know of one.
Thanks, Hank