Materials

Moderator: Mike Everman

marksteamnz
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Materials

Post by marksteamnz » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:36 am

Thanks Mike that did make me laugh out loud.
Me too. I have had been "subjet to a discussion" on the drive home after parties. You know the one where you get to listen and say, Yes dear,....... a lot. Apparently it is a VERY VERY VERY BAD THING to share my knowledge of trains space technology etc at parties as it is so terminally boring playing Winifred Atwell on the sound system is a complete booze soaked rave by comparision. So I sit with a fixed grin as some one recounts, starting with that dreaded intro "You'll be interested in this" UFO theories, why the moon landing is a fake, it was the oil companies who fixed steam trains and cars, there was a guy with a water powered car you know, the USA spent a billion on biros for space and the USSR used pencils, etc, etc.
You can drink a lot of Sauvingion Blanc while trying to blot such things out.
Appologies to the Moderators I'll let it go now
Mike Everman wrote:Damn, and I liked that urban legend so much! Perhaps, Mark, I will pretend that I was not enlightened, as I am unlikely to make an interesting story out of the facts! Horses asses and big rockets, well, maybe I've been tedious at parties and should stop myself as a rule.. ;-P
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Materials

Post by Viv » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:14 pm

Hi i am late answering this one as I forgot too:-) sorry!

A good cheap and helpfull supplyer is http://www.mailordermetals.co.uk/

If they don't have what you want email him to see if he can get, nice guy sotred out some steel for me.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire