Shapes

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Shapes

Post by Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:38 am

Here's one that might come with it's own spark plug and wiring. Maybe it would Reynst up, a long shot but it looks the part.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... otohosting

And this looks like some kind of Logan potential, note the magazine to show the size of the glass object.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 3830293367

And yet another.

And here is some shape Bruno probably thought up. LOL

Just having some fun.

Mark

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:39 pm

With all the strange Pyrex glassware being manufactured, I'm sure there must be a ton of glass shapes that would support pulsating combustion such as our modified jam jars.

http://search.ebay.com/lab-glass_W0QQfr ... propertyZ2

Mark

yipster
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by yipster » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:10 pm

Mark, you give ideas allrite, forgot i have some of that glasware but even after going trough the pyrex, duran and other catalogs i dont really yet see shapes usable for our purposes, but what do i know, didnt even think about it in the first place. also it isnt quarts, i mean it will melt down real quik. maybe shapes can be used as molds??? think i saw cfp (computer flow prediction) programs mentioned on the forum, another way of seeing the miracle through glas. tuning may be more fun too :D

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:22 pm

Yes, even Pyrex cracks when heated fast and/or unevenly. But it would be neat for a short run photograph or jam jar something or other. Once and in a while I have seen pure quartz glassware up for sale on the lab glass topic, one being a long skinny necked 800 ml quartz flask that orginally sells for $150.00, it went for $40 or something.
One of these days I will find something.
Mark

Rescyou

Post by Rescyou » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:39 pm

Mark, I regret to inform you but most of those objects as displayed look like either dildo's or penis enlargers, some appear to have optional French-Tickler attachments as well.

I'm not saying this a bad thing, the guys get to play with a jet without their O'ladies biatching at them and ladies experience the stimulating effects of experimentation.

"A good time is had by all with the MARK III Reynst Dildodyne, be the first one on your block to buy jet powered entertainment for your O'lady, it's a buzzbombing experience"

or

"Instant Ron Jeremy in a Bottle, just add gas and your pecker and let'er buck"

Yes I am well aware that I have a very warped mind.

s.
The mind of a man is the man himself.

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:43 pm

you're warped? I spent 2 hours of my summer talking to a giant talking pepper today outside pizza hut. Ended up doing the can can with her, much to the delight of the tourist population of cambridge.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:15 pm

I just found a bunch of these at a friend's house. they look promising:
Attachments
bottle.JPG
bottle.JPG (11.42 KiB) Viewed 13034 times

Rescyou

Post by Rescyou » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:24 pm

Coffee wrote:you're warped? I spent 2 hours of my summer talking to a giant talking pepper today outside pizza hut. Ended up doing the can can with her, much to the delight of the tourist population of cambridge.
Well if you were intoxicated at the time then that's ok, but if not, welcome to the warped club. I hope at least the pepper girl was a cute one.

s.
The mind of a man is the man himself.

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:31 pm

not intoxicated, unfortunately, and i wouldnt know, she was wearing a pepper costume, but her freinds that stopped by were cute, so i would imagine she was too.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:47 pm

steve wrote:I just found a bunch of these at a friend's house. they look promising:
I have some white vinegar bottles with a little bit more narrowing in the lid or cap, but they don't run, I thought about drilling out the tiny cap and screwing it back on, creating a bit more turbulence or a bit more restriction.
Mark

steve

Post by steve » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:05 pm

Mark wrote:
steve wrote:I just found a bunch of these at a friend's house. they look promising:
I have some white vinegar bottles with a little bit more narrowing in the lid or cap, but they don't run, I thought about drilling out the tiny cap and screwing it back on, creating a bit more turbulence or a bit more restriction.
Mark
OK I'll try to find a cap that fits. BTW will "automotive acrylic thinner" work as a fuel? It is pretty explosive and very volitile.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:44 pm

I would opt for some methanol. You can buy it at any auto parts store usually for 75 cents or so. Look in the gasoline additives, something called Dry Gas or HEET, the label will have a warning and say that it contains methanol.
Or stores such as Walmart has HEET. It is really fun fuel to play with. It's so peppy and non-fussy with fuel/air ratios, unlike propane or gasoline which can be harder to get the mixture right on a cold start such as a jam jar needs. If it is hot and humid outside, even methanol can be difficult, the jam jar needs certain conditions, I suppose that is why so few people know of it.
Mark

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:03 am

Rescyou wrote:Mark, I regret to inform you but most of those objects as displayed look like ..., some appear to have optional French-Tickler attachments as well.

I'm not saying this a bad thing, the guys get to play with a jet without .... and ladies experience the stimulating effects of experimentation.

"A good time is had by all with the ....

Yes I am well aware that I have a very warped mind.

s.

I don't know what you are talking about Shane! I just don't see any likenesses to that effect and you need a team of psychologists.

Mark
Attachments
040730203859.jpg
(386.96 KiB) Downloaded 715 times

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:23 am

Ha Ha f'ing LOL, thanks, Mark!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

flcn43

Post by flcn43 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:57 am

Mark wrote:I would opt for some methanol. You can buy it at any auto parts store usually for 75 cents or so. Look in the gasoline additives, something called Dry Gas or HEET, the label will have a warning and say that it contains methanol.
Or stores such as Walmart has HEET. It is really fun fuel to play with. It's so peppy and non-fussy with fuel/air ratios, unlike propane or gasoline which can be harder to get the mixture right on a cold start such as a jam jar needs. If it is hot and humid outside, even methanol can be difficult, the jam jar needs certain conditions, I suppose that is why so few people know of it.
Mark
There's a funny thing about HEET, I found a bottle of something labeled HEET in my bathroom and it turns out it's an arthritis medicine, I'll have to look closer but that's a little weird...