just kidding,but i have a serious question bout anodizing

Moderator: Mike Everman

just kidding,but i have a serious question bout anodizing

Post by Guest » Fri May 14, 2004 6:15 pm

i noticed that on the dyna jet the outside of the intake venturi is anodized red...but the inside aluminum parts are not anodized...if anodizing increases strength and resists scratching,wouldnt it be better inside ,thats where the steel valves are slamming into the aluminum..id think thats where it would benifit..is there any reason not to anodize the inside aluminum of a pulse jet???is bare aluminum better suited for the heat than anodized ??..id like to anodize the aluminum of my jet...iv been doing some reading and it seems that it can be done with chemicals that can be bought at home depot.iv found a few links to methods explaining how to anodize at home with common chemicals but im unsure about the current......can anodizing on a small scale..like the venturi of a pulse jet,be anodized with a car battery??if not what kind of power should i use??i lack a credit card so id like to try to anodize with items that can either be bought locally or found/made around the house..so far its sulfuric acid and fabric dye...but its the power sourch im having trouble coming up with..thats why i figured since it was for only one thing,and one time only..(venturi)a car battery might work.

Tom
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Tom » Fri May 14, 2004 6:16 pm

ok, let me start without sounding to pissed off. you will not get any help here with a name like that, and sure as hell won't with an introduction like that. most people are offended by that stuff ok? start over.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

sparks

Post by sparks » Wed May 19, 2004 3:49 am

Another name and a regulated powersupply will make things easier.

adibrook

power supplies

Post by adibrook » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:38 pm

I'm not sure about anodizing, but i know that to, say, remove rust from a spanner (a big spanner) can be done with a car battery charger.

Anodising uses electrolesis as well (i think), and a small part like what youre making is alot smaller than a spanner. So, a car battery charger will do it OK, which i presume means that a car battery will work even better.

Good luck!

PS what's so offensive about the name Guest, anyway???
BURN!!!

paul skinner

Re: power supplies

Post by paul skinner » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:50 pm

adibrook wrote:I'm not sure about anodizing, but i know that to, say, remove rust from a spanner (a big spanner) can be done with a car battery charger.

Anodising uses electrolesis as well (i think), and a small part like what youre making is alot smaller than a spanner. So, a car battery charger will do it OK, which i presume means that a car battery will work even better.

Good luck!

PS what's so offensive about the name Guest, anyway???
Adi...First, let me say welcome to the forum. A little background. Kenneths site has been providing detailed information on building puslejets/experimental engines since the late 90's I believe. The site has seen people come and go. Unfortunately, there was a series of incidents with a nasty character named "Ivar" who was a raging anti-semite and xenophobe. He spent most of his time trolling the site, and made it uncomfortable for the rest of us. Kenneth updated the site at his own expense so the new forum would have more control, and for that we thank him.

GUEST means that the person who posted has his/her account removed by Kenneth (as the site is presently unmoderated) because of their habit of trolling the forum, without adding to the knowledge base. In this case, GUEST was a characted called "OSAMA BIN LADEN"...not a name you want to see in the forum. It's politically insensitive and builds bad feelings in an otherwise excellent learning enviroment.
Please enjoy your stay. You'll meet some amazing and creative individuals. Try not to judge us to quickly.

Bon chance.

Paul Skinner

Just an end note, not to be taken as a threat. You'll find little tolerance or paitience here for political or religous opinions or trolling. Please keep it in mind when posting.

adibrook

Ok...Thanks

Post by adibrook » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:01 am

Oh, ok. Now i'v had a look around, this seems like a great site, and soon i'll have my tiny valveless working.

Umm, what's "trolling"? I have a forum, and visit quiet a few, but i'v never herd of it...
BURN!!!

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:16 am

Trolling is looking for a "love connection" ;-P

How tiny? I'm running tests on a 1" dia in the morning...
Mike