Mike's Mini CNC

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Mike's Mini CNC

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:15 am

Hi guys. Been super busy lately with paying work. Check out the mini cnc I'm making as a product At mikeeverman.com
It's only got 1.5" of travel, and the first customer is using it to cut dental caps out of zirconia with diamond bits and 200,000 rpm air spindles. Yikes!, but works well so far.
I'll be making them with my own 30,000 rpm spindle for micro metal work. I'm posting from iPad, so I can't bump down the pic resolution for posting. I'll put some up tomorrow, if I find something good I've not put on my blog site.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

55dcyinely
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Mike's Mini CNC

Post by 55dcyinely » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:17 am

Hey Mike,
Really nice job. Wandered what was keeping you so busy. (All work and no play.)
Still no time to take a break quite yet. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.
Now if you could find out what Bil Gates secret was to marketing? Ya!
Doug

tufty

Post by tufty » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:14 am

Nice work, Mike.
55dcyinely wrote:Now if you could find out what Bil Gates secret was to marketing?
In the early days, it was pretty much "sell something you don't have, go and buy it or rip it off when it's needed, then say it was yours all along".

55dcyinely
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by 55dcyinely » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things students did not and will not learn in school.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

http://tengoldenrulesblog.blogspot.com/ ... rules.html

Hum mm, how did I get off track, I was congratulating Mike, on his Success and mentioned something about Bill Gates. Oh well.
Great Job Mike!
http://mikeeverman.com/
I'm a former aerospace designer and all around technical geek.
by Mike Everman
End Quote

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 am

A cool slow mo vid of my cnc going at a feed rate of 4m/min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kxt3og7pto
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:19 pm

I mentioned the zirconia CNC to my dentist and he said molds capture the shape very acurately but with CNC he hasn't seen as perfect a fit. I imagine you would have to grind every little nuance with a perfect curve. I don't know anything about it, but I'm sure there're advantages and disadvantages for each. I was reading some of the benefits of using zirconia and started to wonder about all the things that they replace in the body with artificial parts.
Presentation is Everything