Box of the day

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Box of the day

Post by Mark » Sat May 08, 2004 7:38 pm

Ok, I guess this post is kind of far out, (well maybe not for me), but I was looking at this box and wondering if it by some strange chance it would be the kind of imbued box that would pulsate if given the chance. I only bring it up as an pseudo-artistic possibility, a kind of embellished kinetic artform if it were to rev up.
I think it might fall under the catagory of a lunchbox jam jar Reynst chicken soup heater for the burly man who likes to eat hot meals sitting atop dangerously high steel girders.
Mark
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e ... gory=26439

Anthony
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Anthony » Sat May 08, 2004 8:03 pm

Larry seems to be good at making things you would never think about pulsate, maybe he'll come up with a solution hehe.
Anthony

larry cottrill
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by larry cottrill » Sun May 09, 2004 2:30 am

Avenger wrote:Larry seems to be good at making things you would never think about pulsate, maybe he'll come up with a solution hehe.
Only if I can keep an air source going somewhere nearby ;-)

It's nice, though -- an intake pointing forward, an exhaust stub pointing rearward, and a convenient clam-shell hatch for cleanout and rigging experimental baffles, bluff bodies, cones and dams and the like. Pretty nice setup.

L Cottrill

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun May 09, 2004 3:13 pm

It dawns on me that I have a couple of "similar" green military ammo boxes, one is narrow, perhaps 4 inches wide, and the other box an inch or two larger. I'd better get started fitting it with some plumbing pipe. LOL

One thing good though is that if you ever wanted to modify an ammo box for pulsating combustion, (isn't that one of those Boy Scouts merit badge projects?), anyway imagine just latching the lid and watching it go. Maybe it would jam jar if you just drilled a hole in it somewhere. The lid would probably seal air tight enough if you put a high temperature gasket in the lid.
Mark