Life imitates pulse jets

Moderator: Mike Everman

Sebastian LFT

Life imitates pulse jets

Post by Sebastian LFT » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

I had taken a nap this evening after helping the kids with their homework. After i got up I could feel the nagging sharp pain of one of my molars. Actually half tooth half filling. Searching for a mirror I couldn't stop thinking, "great last thing I need" After making it to the mirror I noticed there was just a big hole. A big hole into a bizarre world. A world that took a different path. Everything had evolved from pulse jets. Here are few pictures of pictures of gestating valved pulse jets. I found them growing in automotive brake master cylinders. The brass piece was growing in the cooling system of some 1930 something car.
Attachments
Movie.wmv
(574.94 KiB) Downloaded 1051 times
You'll never know 'till you try it.

Mark

Re: Life imitates pulse jets

Post by Mark » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 am

I have one of those petal valve on aluminum tube looking things too, and have pondered if I could ever make anything out of it, but the holes/ports are very tiny. Still, it does catch the eye in some way.
Presentation is Everything

Sebastian LFT

Post by Sebastian LFT » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Here's a little fellow hiding out in a Corvair. The body is totally clapped :( out but the air box is salvageable.
Attachments
air box.jpg

GRIM
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by GRIM » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:55 am

CC looks a bit long , but with a bit of cutting , I am sure it could be got to run :shock:
Attachments
goldie (Small).jpg

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Grim -

I think bike exhaust parts are WONDERFUL pieces for valveless pulsejets. They are overpriced when bought new, I think; but I found a place, in fact a BIG place, that had a whole upper floor of nothing but junk bike parts of every kind -- engines, frames, wheels, exhaust, everything you could think of. Lots of rust on some of it, but it's all pretty heavy duty and very cheap if you take into account the fabrication work it would save (especially on the bends and long cones everybody hates to do anyway ;-) So, go to some big bike shop and ask if they have their own Bone Yard -- you could be amazed at the useful stuff you find.

L Cottrill

GRIM

Post by GRIM » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:22 pm

I dont understand the brake disc , but it definitely is doing the jamjar thing !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFs2Gt80iVQ

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Excellent heat sinking, and zero breakage ;-)

L Cottrill

Sebastian LFT

Post by Sebastian LFT » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 pm

HONK! HONK! :P Just found this confused fellow. It seems to view its self as some kind of horn. I mean really. All this time its gone around with a rubber bulb on its end when it was meant to have a combustion tube. Kids these days :roll:
Attachments
brass horn.wmv
(850.79 KiB) Downloaded 934 times