TRIG1K/TRIG10
HV Trigger and Ignitor

Thank you

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Ignition

Post by Viv » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Maxime

the first site link looks a lot more professional than the second, but ether of those units will work looking at the quoted output figures, I have not tried these units but they are very basic units so should work.

The other alternative is to visit your local Rona and see if they have an electronic boiler igniter, I know Rona does carry such a thing up in Roberval.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:06 pm

I've got several I've gotten from appliance repair shops. You can easily get one from a gas drier or stove at a junkyard, too. It's AC, but a small inverter gets you a very long run on a car or motorcycle battery. The one I use most was small enough to fit in a light switch box with the switch. To my way of thinking, it's by far the easiest to throw together.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 am

The Lockwood makers and Gluhareff builders have gotten by with a piezo electric gas grill sparker, a single spark is all you need. Other engines that run on gasoline or methanol do best with a hot spark. Some ignition systems produce a decent spark but don't have very long duty cycles, they start to overheat and fail if you drive them for any length of time.
If you are using gasoline or methanol, often you will find a good hot spark really is the way to go. It's just less hassle. Then of course you don't want a spark so hot as to melt the electrode in the plug or kill you. Sometimes you might want a battery powered ignition.
It's kind of like climbing a mountain, you will do best to with a particular mountain climbing kit for a particular mountain or a certain religion for a certain group of people. ha
I have found the Model T buzz coil that runs on a 6 volt battery makes a good hot spark, which is happy to constantly "buzz" for long periods if you are tinkering endlessly in your garage. It will last for years and years, more than you can pulsejet. ha
I often run mine with a small wall transformer instead of buying a battery for it. I've tried many ignition systems, and overall I would say this is the way to go for reliability for liquid fueled pulsejets.
http://www.vintageford.com/sect_search. ... y=Ingition
Attachments
coil wood.jpg
coil wood.jpg (9.25 KiB) Viewed 6540 times
coil.jpg
coil.jpg (11.2 KiB) Viewed 6541 times
Presentation is Everything