Tools and obstructions

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Tools and obstructions

Post by Mark » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:46 pm

Out of boredom I started tinkering with these small stacks/plates off of a toy electric motor. They kind of look like jacks to me for some reason. Anyway, they fit neatly over the ends of a few objects I have, so I started to wonder if they would work as a turbulator or "tri-clover" exhaust port in a jam jar type device or other creation. Instead of a screen over the hole of a jam jar, maybe something like this would do something too. Down the center hole I could run a little fuel line or piece of hollow all-thread to fasten it to the bottom of a steel jar whilst also being able to inject gas or fuel down the center line. You can make hollow tiny all-thread by buying some tiny copper tubing and running it through a die if you can't find any store-bought stuff. I guess really you only need to thread both ends of the tubing unless you want to have some other threaded attachment midway along the center fuel line. That is, your jar would have an unobtrusive tube centered and running the length of your jam jar, something akin to this quartz bubbler.
http://tinyurl.com/2lcgdj

Maybe a turbulator would afford some odd/non-mainstream shape that wouldn't normally run, the chance to rev up, kind of a flame-holder effect perhaps or something that obstructs or slows the evacuation enough to sustain combustion without flaming out.
Here's an odd, non-mainstream shape for example. ha
http://www.kleinbottle.com/

So here are some very humble beginnings of questionable value. Just toying/wishful thinking.
Attachments
Obstruction.jpg
Obstruction.jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
Jack port.jpg
Jack port.jpg (65.09 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Jacks.jpg
Jacks.jpg (43.29 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
Jacks and Springs.jpg
Jacks and Springs.jpg (67.51 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
Presentation is Everything

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0