stainless flux core wire

Moderator: Mike Everman

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

stainless flux core wire

Post by metiz » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:11 pm

I've just bought a welder asuming that getting wire would not be a big deal. How wrong I was. The stuff I'm looking for is nowhere to be found......

It's .9 or .8 mm flux core (flux kern) stainless or "RVS" 304 wire, 5kg rols max, so no gas . Does anyone in the Netherland or Benelux know where I can buy this stuff?
Quantify the world.

Irvine.J
Antipspambot question: 0

SS flux core

Post by Irvine.J » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:55 pm

Metiz! I think i sent you some links, if you can't get a hold of any I'll send you a few rolls of the multi-spool stuff. Even on the "multispool" wire its written "Solid welding wire" but it sure as hell aint solid its flux cored. Be aware I had like 20 people tell me A- It wouldn't work, and B- No it doesn't exist... BULLSHIT! It does exist and I use it every day, best bet is find some brands, and ring the MANUFACTURER, not the shop selling it, to find out. Goodluck,
I'll be online tonight so i can chat to you then.
Someone like this might be able to help too,
make the call. These guys should know where to get anything. Goodluck man.
Netherlands Institute of Welding.
Boerhaavelaan 40
(NL) 2713 HX ZOETERMEER
PO-box 190
(NL) 2700 AD ZOETERMEER
the Netherlands
tel. +31 88 400 85 60
fax. +31 79 353 11 78
James- Image KEEPING IT REAL SINCE 1982
http://pulseairdefence.com
[url=callto://project42labs]Image[/url]

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by metiz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:29 am

Heya James!

Thanks for the help man (again). I believe that the 2 links you send me either only sold the stuff in 25kg industrial rolls or not at all. Could have overlooked something tho. I've mailed this institute with a query - hoping to gt an answer soon in the meantime I'll check one more shop that my neighbour advised me. He obviously is unaware of what exactly I am building atm :D . About you sending me some rolls: I don't know if that would work - the stuff being wound upside down and all :lol:

I'll let you know
thnx again
Quantify the world.