Injector type and placement

Moderator: Mike Everman

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Injector type and placement

Post by metiz » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm building my first lockwood - original pattent I belief, 2nd engine and I'm kinda lost with the injector. My first engine being a small fwe, the injector was not a problem the but this is different. Basically what I'm asking here is: what kind of injector and where. I have to be able to make it myself since I'm kinda broke whith the stainless prices today:P. Welding the injector directly onto the CC will leave the intake clear so more power/ easy starting etc. Con is that the injector can not be moved if the position is not good

putting the injector through the intake and winding arround the exchaust is good for liquid fueling and you can adjust the position. Con is that it will block the intake a bit. Wich of the both should I do and does anyone know a simple proofed injector I can make?
Attachments
Drawing.jpg
(38.48 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Quantify the world.

Jim Berquist
Antipspambot question: 0

Injectors

Post by Jim Berquist » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:31 am

You should do a search on Injectors. Eric makes injectors. Larry has his own types. Rosco type are quick, down and not so dirty! I think Eric has played with direct C.C. injection? From what I have seen, Most people just shoot the fuel into the intake! Check out Eric's Site and all are injected in that fashion. I just obtained a 20lb chines and need to come up with a system myself. I too would like to come up with something that did not restrict the intake! All I have seen direct the fuel down the center of the intake. I would like to slide the fuel line down along the inside of the intake. Not down the center but top or bottom and see what happens. This would not restrict the breathing so much. But would it deliver the fuel mixed correct and in the sweet spot required for optimum performance?

Jim
WHAT TO FRAP, IT WORKED![url=callto://james.a.berquist]Image[/url]