Mmmm, Yummy!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:02 am

Mike Everman wrote:Had to give up cycles long ago, too dangerous! Not the driving, but the other a-holes, of which I am now 1.
Whatever the reason, there's no doubt that the motorcycle is a heavily Darwinist tool. To this very day I have knee problems connected to a certain incident, some 35 years ago, in which an enduro bike got mysteriously wrapped around a tree trunk while I found myself equally mysteriously entangled in a bramble bush. The biggest problem was that the bike was not mine, though. The other aspects just meant greater bragging rights at the bar.

Pieter van Boven
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Pieter van Boven » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:02 pm

Yep, a 500. Light, twitchy, and fast. Nearly as good as the FZR400 I had in the UK. Terminal velocity isn't too enormous, but I can almost guarantee if you come round to where I live (deep in the French Alps) I'll go past you in pretty much all the corners. Power delivery on these small bikes is such that I simply don't need to come off the gas ;-) And there aren't too many straight bits where you'll catch me up either.

Tufty, I think you are totally right! 3 years ago I drove from Holland to Bordeaux, Toulouse and back trough the Ardeche home again. I did this on a Shadow VT1100. Great ride but when I came home I thought the same as you.
I exchanged it for a 600 Monster.

Pieter.