can i build

Moderator: Mike Everman

lukeprototype
Antipspambot question: 0

can i build

Post by lukeprototype » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:10 am

Can i feasbly build a 20lb pulsejet (valved) while only having access to these tools
drill, hammer, mig welder , tin snips , angle grinder, vice , and some sand paper.
Im having trouble thinking how im going to build the valve plate and valve retainer while only using these; any ideas? Would it cost a lot of money to get a company to mill them out for me? :oops:

thecheat
Antipspambot question: 0

re: can i build

Post by thecheat » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:15 pm

you should be able to build a VALVELESS PJ with those... really the welder is key in most of these circumstances, without it, it makes it a WHOLE lot harder!

I wanted to ask, do you have a hacksaw? others have their fancy cutting machines, I live with my trusty hacksaw... and a Dremel tool... ;)

PS: I was just thinking, you probably could make a valve assy with a drill, I really don't know much about how you make the valved PJ's but, I think you could drill holes in an AL/steel block (whatever you make the valve plates out of) and use the "petal" shaped valve style. If you used steel for the valve assy, then, you should be able to weld some valve limiters on without a problem.

so yes, you should be able to build a PJ with little problem using your current tools.
Lasers, jets, and helicopters HURAH!