NUDiS

Moderator: Mike Everman

metiz
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: NUDiS

Post by metiz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 am

metiz wrote:Bump for answer to the 1004 question; I get the same problem. I am using the r02c version but with the original .qsave files.

office 2007, macro's enabled

update on the above: error occurs at
"MYTotalTime = Worksheets("Time").Cells(MyTimeCount, 1)"
under

"TIME"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210684
Quantify the world.

vturbine

Some Solutions and a Problem

Post by vturbine » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 pm

I've progressed in trying to get NUDis running. but run into one more snag during iterations of a cycle

To try to help others having difficulty earlier, please note the following VERY carefully.

1.) You need MS Excel.
2.) You need to create a NUDiS directory on your C: drive at the top directory (ie. C:\NUDiS)
3.) The spelling of NUDiS is all capitals, with a lower case "i" . Not all caps, and not all lower case, as reported by some people.
4.) You need to extract the FIRST version of the NUDiS program on the first page of this thread, to that directory.
5.) You then need to DELETE the 3 spreadsheets you just extracted, but leave everything else.
6.) You need to extract the SECOND version of NUDiS to that directory -- found later in this thread.
7.) You need to extract the "startup.rar" file to the NUDiS directory and carefully read the instructions. Print them out to have on hand when you first try NUDiS.
8.) You DO NOT start the program by opening the Analysis worksheet -- that's why many are getting the initial 1004 error message.
9.) You DO NOT start the program by clicking on the NUDiS.exe file.
10.) YOU DO start the program by opening the Construction worksheet, and then Loading a model into the worksheet, exactly following the printed out instructions at EVERY step.
11.) One popup menu tells you to wait until that menu turns "dark blue". Not quite true -- it only means the top border turns blue (shade dependent on OS version) -- which should happen pretty much immediately if the initial pulsejet example is used.

and then.......... well I got pretty far and even started building up iterations of a cycle, but............... a new problem. Basically the sliders on sheet G don't work for me. They throw the following error message:

Code: Select all

Unable to get the ChartObjects property of the Worksheet class
rats! :(
NudisSliderError.png
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
No problem is too small or trivial if we can really do something about it.

Richard Feynman

vturbine

Post by vturbine » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:39 pm

I just ran through 10 cycles, all 2300+ iterations. Everything seems to work up to the point of displaying data plots, but in worksheet G (of C.dat Viewer BooK 05.xls) , the two arrow buttons on the left side of the screen (what I assume is meant by "sliders" in the setup doc) always throw that same error message if I press them.

Code: Select all

Unable to get the ChartObjects property of the Worksheet class
I see graphs but no plots, and on sheet G the fields

DATA#= 0 and
TIME = #VALUE! (probably indicating an error).

EDIT:

Any changed sheet names in the code? As in:
The problem with a recorded macro is that it does exactly what you told
it to do the first time, then you need to make adjustments for future
use. Perhaps you no longer have "Chart 3", or you're using the macro on
a sheet without as many charts.
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1786211.php

ps, using Excel 2000 under Win XP Pro for this (only!)

Richard Feynman

vturbine

Post by vturbine » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 am

Well, I guess this one is a waste of time. I PMed the author with no reply in several weeks. Maybe it should be removed from the stickies and allowed to sink beneath the waves.

Richard Feynman

WebPilot
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by WebPilot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:37 am

I remember running this code at the command prompt w/o the spreadsheet on my former µSoft machine. Was anyone else able to run it this way?

WebPilot
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by WebPilot » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

crystallan is a suspected spambot.

DELETE THIS