Zanin

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Zanin

Post by Mark » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:08 am

Does anyone out there in pulsejet land own a Zanin pulsejet? I was curious about the fuel tank pressurization tube that leads from the combustion chamber to the fuel tank. Specifically, if and if so, what kind of valve does it have in the line, if there is one at all? Is it a tiny ball valve, and are there any places anyone could recommend that would sell tiny in-line ball valves, someplace like "Ball Valves are us." ?
On my tiny Logan I am finding it only wants to push the fuel so far and then quit. With an all silicone fuel line the feed is jerky and the engine runs very funny as it is choked and flooded and squealing up and down the spectrum with the wacky fuel flow. With a solid section of narrow 1/8t inch tubing and then some silicone tubing after that it runs smooth, but I want to keep a constant pressure head on the fuel line and instead it slowly becomes weaker and weaker with the growing volume of increasingly spongy air pushing the fuel toward and up to the side port intake. A one way flap or ball valve may correct this, I don't know. I want something very small, perhaps you have seen the 1/8 inch metal tubing protruding from the Zanin's combustion chamber perhaps a few inches in length and directed forward of the intake where it transitions to a synthetic tubing of some material, and then this bled combustion chamber force carrying tube feeds into the fuel tank to pressurize it.
Anyone know this design?
Mark