Books

Moderator: Mike Everman

Rescyou
Antipspambot question: 0

Books

Post by Rescyou » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:40 am

I happened across this site the other day but haven't had the time to look into it.

http://www.knovel.com/

It appears to be an engineering/scientific computerized book archive with many interesting titles. The subscription appears to be quite expensive but if you register you get a 24hr period where you can grab as much as you can but I assume it's in some proprietary format.. Something to play with anyway..

S.
The mind of a man is the man himself.

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: Books

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:27 am

"Access All Titles Including Premium for 12 months at $6,590.00" ???

Jesus. I mean, I love this field. But almost 7K per year? And that's for the small user. Very steep.

Mark

Re: Books

Post by Mark » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:10 pm

brunoogorelec wrote:"Access All Titles Including Premium for 12 months at $6,590.00" ???

Jesus. I mean, I love this field. But almost 7K per year? And that's for the small user. Very steep.
It's only the cost of a few college books these days. ha
Mark

Rescyou

Books

Post by Rescyou » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:43 pm

I had talked to one person that went there and he said he downloaded a bunch of the stuff in the 24hr free period and did go the way of actually subscribing. He said there were lots of PDF's and Excel type files so it may be worth the while to go there for the 24hrs and download as much as you can. Doesn't make much sense to me having a 24hr free period... something is probably not as it seems..

S.
The mind of a man is the man himself.