Nice nozzle ...

Moderator: Mike Everman

pezman
Antipspambot question: 0

Nice nozzle ...

Post by pezman » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:51 am

The contact tips for MIG wire feeds seem like a nice nozzle. You can get them as small as 0.6mm at Home Depot. I think that they wouldn't be suitable for really hot environments since they are copper, but they should survive anywhere that the temperature is well below 1900 'F. With fuel flowing through it, that might be just about anywhere ...

In addition the tips have a standard thread, which would help when you want to avoid soldering, brazing etc.

At any rate, I've been looking for a nice source of nozzles and this seems to fit the bill nicely

Mark

re: Nice nozzle ...

Post by Mark » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:37 am

Tips tidbit for the visual. I guess you could drill out an iron screw and do it that way too. But that might be a hassle, I think there must be some other doodads that could be nozzle material.
Mark
http://search.ebay.com/mig-tips_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
Presentation is Everything

paul skinner

re: Nice nozzle ...

Post by paul skinner » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:19 pm

I've been using 3/4" carbon rod (soft and chalky rods used in welding) to build nozzles for my microhybrids for years. Nothing stands up to the heat like these things.
You can generally find it in chunk, block, or slab form, but I prefer the preturned rods (saving me having to turn it on a lathe...oh what a mess that is).