Today's tidbits

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

re: Today's tidbits

Post by Mark » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:41 am

Ben,
If you could please shrink this post or links rather, those damn links I posted are stretching the page again somehow.
Thanks,
Mark
Presentation is Everything

steve
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by steve » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:12 pm

I think mark just wants to have the longest thread EVER!

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:30 am

No, I just wanted to post abstract stuff without having to give it a specific label. If anyone has ever seen the show Connections, hosted by James Burke, he travels through history showing how one invention affects some other technology far removed from the original invention. That's how discoveries happen sometimes, by accident, without intention, something that just happens to come to mind from some far removed source, yet it applies to the project at hand.
Mark
http://smithsonianassociates.org/progra ... /burke.asp
Presentation is Everything

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: re: Today's tidbits

Post by Viv » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:40 am

Mark wrote:No, I just wanted to post abstract stuff without having to give it a specific label. If anyone has ever seen the show Connections, hosted by James Burke, he travels through history showing how one invention affects some other technology far removed from the original invention. That's how discoveries happen sometimes, by accident, without intention, something that just happens to come to mind from some far removed source, yet it applies to the project at hand.
Mark
http://smithsonianassociates.org/progra ... /burke.asp
Hell thats an old show mark! I remember watching that when it first aired in the UK, I hesitate to name the year:-)

Viv