Fluidic Oscillator and Vortex thermal pump

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Fluidic Oscillator and Vortex thermal pump

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:19 pm

Fluidic oscillator update:
I actually made something, but I can't tell if it works or not because if it does it is a relatively high frequency, so some more testing is called for. it does output through both exits, that I know.

The second thing you are going to love; Vortex coolers. Not a lot of people know about these, but I've used them for years and never stop being amazed at how they work. I think there's something here for PJ's, I know not what, and I want to see what it sparks here. Enjoy!

"How a Vortex Tube Works
Fluid (air) that rotates around an axis (like a tornado) is called a vortex. A Vortex Tube creates cold air and hot air by forcing compressed air through a generation chamber which spins the air centrifugally along the inner walls of the Tube at a high rate of speed (1,000,000 RPM) toward the control valve. A percentage of the hot, high-speed air is permitted to exit at the control valve. The remainder of the (now slower) air stream is forced to counterflow up through the center of the high-speed air stream, giving up heat, through the center of the generation chamber finally exiting through the opposite end as extremely cold air. Vortex tubes generate temperatures down to 100°F below inlet air temperature. A control valve located in the hot exhaust end can be used to adjust the temperature drop and rise for all Vortex Tubes."
Attachments
oscillator1.JPG
oscillator1.JPG (56.86 KiB) Viewed 6124 times
HilschTube.gif
HilschTube.gif (2.81 KiB) Viewed 6124 times
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:57 pm

another cool bit.http://www.dantecdynamics.com/Download/ ... luidic.pdf

remember, any electrical logic can be done with jets, ports and diafragms.
just "program" what you want to happen, ie:

IF (CC pressure) < (inlet pressure) THEN (pulse fuel) ELSE (charge pressure capacitor)

IF (AND (bruno) (thinks it's simple)) THEN (null) ELSE (debate!)

All solid state and idiot proof and high frequency!

Mike Kirney

Somebody Should Write Some Monologues About This

Post by Mike Kirney » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:01 pm

The Hirsch-Ranke Vortex tube is a fascinating device and much discussion thereof can be found in the old forums. I had one idea in particular for its use as air conditioning in semi-trailer trucks but nobody seemed to find it of any merit. Do you have a video of your new engine in operation? It looks like plasticine pressed between two sheets of plexiglass. What did you use as fuel? Almost as intriguing as its the details of its operation are all the Freudian interpretations one can make given its general appearance.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:33 pm

mk wrote:The Hirsch-Ranke Vortex tube is a fascinating device and much discussion thereof can be found in the old forums. I had one idea in particular for its use as air conditioning in semi-trailer trucks but nobody seemed to find it of any merit. Do you have a video of your new engine in operation? It looks like plasticine pressed between two sheets of plexiglass. What did you use as fuel? Almost as intriguing as its the details of its operation are all the Freudian interpretations one can make given its general appearance.
Vortex tubes are horribly inefficient when compared to a many-ith generation standard refrigerator.
I will be posting a video of the "plasticene pulsator" in operation soon. Fuel: shattered dreams
The picture is actually a cross-section of Viv's chest cavity!

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:22 pm

Mike Everman wrote:The picture is actually a cross-section of Viv's chest cavity!
Before or after he quit the habit?