Need Plans for Turbo Charger Jet Engine

Moderator: Mike Everman

Rocket Man
Antipspambot question: 125

Need Plans for Turbo Charger Jet Engine

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

I did a search and found nothing. I assume you have to know the specific name of what your looking for. I search for turbine engine, turbo charger engine don't know anything else to search for.

I have a turbo charger to work with so I am ready to build something as soon as I find some plans.

I searched several pages of the forum to see what other people have done but there is nothing about plans. I did find a place that says, basically you build a body like a valveless pulse jet engine and attach it to the turbo charger. Not sure about that since there are not details to size and length. I don't want to waste a lot of time building something that will not run.

Johansson
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Need Plans for Turbo Charger Jet Engine

Post by Johansson » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:07 pm

The best (only) way to do this is to read up on the subject, when you understand how the engine works you won´t need any detailed plans. It is actually quite dangerous to build such an engine without fully understanding it because you won´t know when you reach and cross the limits of the engine. Kaboom!

For some good rules of thumb join the Yahoo-group DIYgasturbines and check the downloadable files that John (racketmotorman) has written, great info both for beginners and more advanced builders.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:44 am

Did a search for DIYgasturbines found a photo posted there 16 years ago. Only information is him running the engine at different RPMs. Did a search for more information. There is no information to be found.

I did search for turbo charger and turbo jet engine all it finds is this forum with all the stuff I have already search through.

How much do you know about something you know nothing about?

I have no idea what else to search for.

hinote

Post by hinote » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 am

Rocket Man wrote:Did a search for DIYgasturbines found a photo posted there 16 years ago. Only information is him running the engine at different RPMs. Did a search for more information. There is no information to be found.

I did search for turbo charger and turbo jet engine all it finds is this forum with all the stuff I have already search through.

How much do you know about something you know nothing about?

I have no idea what else to search for.
IMO if you can't find the info you need for your project, you should improve your info access skills!

Here's my seasonal gift to you--the premier site for the type of project you're proposing:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIYGasTurbines/

--join this group and then look at all the successful projects already accomplished; in addition, ask questions (after researching for answers on your own) and you'll find a friendly and helpful crowd that wants to help you.

Just so you'll know, I did all the above and was able to build a successful GT project the first time with the info and assistance available.

Help yourself, and let others help too; good luck in your endeavor!

Bill

Kool

Post by Kool » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:56 pm

'' constructing a turbocharger turbojet engine '' by Edwin H. Springer :wink:

http://www.john-tom.com/JetTurbinePlans ... ringer.pdf

happy new year
...It's better to generate heat efficiently, than recover it efficiently...

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:15 pm

What does IMO mean?

This link does not work. http://www.john-tom.com/JetTurbinePlans ... ringer.pdf

This link is the same place I have already been to. There are over 800 posts here over a period of 9 years. Are you saying I am suppose to read all 800 posts? I have read several pages of this stuff it is just general chat, this is the type of useless stuff I am reading, I replaced by fuel like with 1/4" copper and it works better, I am building a turbo blade the problem will be getting it balanced, my turbo charger failed over the weekend, I am using a 555 timer for my ignition system, I had to use a different fuel pump to make my engine run, I had an obstruction in the fuel line, started my engine today and it is loud, I need a better welder. This is just general chat nothing useful in the way of plans or instructions for building an engine. Those posts are so old the jpg files are no longer online and the links come up with error messages.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIYGasTurbines/

Am I reading the wrong information or what???

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 am

In the DIYgasturbine-forum, check the "files" section and if you are unable to find any useful information there you should probably settle for a less advanced hobby like collecting stamps or something similar... :wink:

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:26 am

I collect stamps :evil:

I'm not shure but maybe one should be member (I am) of that forum to enter the files section. But rocketman, believe me, there is lot's of information and activity there!

Fedde
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 pm

ace_fedde wrote:I collect stamps :evil:

I'm not shure but maybe one should be member (I am) of that forum to enter the files section. But rocketman, believe me, there is lot's of information and activity there!

Fedde

You are right. I clicked those options on the LEFT several times but they won't click. I got to checking closer and I have to be a member. The only way to be a memeber is sign up for Yahoo email first. Then I have to wait to be approved. I am still waiting nothing is happening............................ yet. Thanks for the help.

There are some very snooty unfriendly folks on this forum. Maybe that is why this forum is so dead. I am on several other forums the guys are all more than willing to offer help. They never tell you to do a search and figure it out for yourself if they did the modiator would banned them from the forum. This is the weirdest forum I have ever been on. There must be a lot of young people here with a short fuse, impatent know it all type with at attitude that can't stand it if you don't know it all too.

Here is a list of the forums that I am on.

Machinest forum.
Electronic Project forum.
Tesla Coil forum. http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/tc10-4.jpg
Model Airplane forum.
Bicycle Forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGN94NV ... re=related
Gun forum.
Fireworks forum.
Camping & Hiking forum. http://www.youtube.com/user/Lowracerman ... 4DD7U3XTvk
Caving Forum.
Stirling hot air engine forum. http://www.youtube.com/user/Lowracerman ... BpRl5eF3fc
Beer & Wine makers forum.
Science & physics forum.

Click the link you will see a pic of my 10" coil. It makes 12 foot arcs and sparks. Top load is 3 ft diameter. I set it in the back yard it will make a 27 ft diameter circle of lightning type sparks. Pretty cool stuff.

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Great pic of your tesla coil, having one of those in the garden should send any nosy neighbour off screaming! :D

As for unfriendly forum members I must say to our defence that when you are told to do some deeper research it is with your best interest in mind, most of the active forum guys here are genuinely interested in the different sorts of jet engines we discuss so that is why we are encouraging you to understand the workings of the engines rather than just handing you a step-by-step list on how to build an engine.

A reason for this is because a home built gas turbine in the hands of someone without enough knowledge about it can be very dangerous, at best you are looking at a destroyed turbocharger and a pile of cash going up in smoke but an uncontained turbine explosion can be fatal for you or anyone standing nearby.

A good site with plenty of informative pics and text is Don Giandomenico´s homepage, he has built some really beautiful DIY-turbines and even made one that produces shaft horsepower from easily available materials.

http://www.rcdon.com/html/experimental_projects.html

The DIYgasturbine forum is also extremely informative even if I agree with you that the text-based forum is very annoying to read, and becoming a member is very easy.

Good luck with your project!

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:13 pm

ace_fedde wrote:I collect stamps :evil:

Fedde
Why am I not surprised ;-)

Viv
Ps happy new year Fedde ;-)
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

ace_fedde

Post by ace_fedde » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Viv,

Yes! I'm the man with many faces :lol:

Happy New Year to you too and to everybody else here (and there :wink: )

Fedde
Your scepticism is fuel for my brain.

racketmotorman

Post by racketmotorman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Rocket Man

Whatever you do , please DON"T have anything to do with the Springer plans .

I've sent you a PM ( Personal Mail) , please check your Inbox

Cheers
John