AXIAL COMPRESSOR DESIGN AND RELATED TOPICS

Moderator: Mike Everman

surena
Antipspambot question: 0

AXIAL COMPRESSOR DESIGN AND RELATED TOPICS

Post by surena » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:45 am

hello everybody!
I want to coversation about fundamental of axial compressor design and it's related topics. if you want to know more follow me!

best regards

surena

Re: AXIAL COMPRESSOR DESIGN AND RELATED TOPICS

Post by surena » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 am

now ! we must consider following items in complete design process for axial compressors:
1- choice of rotation speed and annulus dimensions
2-determaination of number of stages,using and assumed efficiency;
3-calculation of air angles for each stage at mean radius of blades
4-determination of the variation of the air angles from root to tip
5-investigation of compressbility effects;
6- selection of compressor blading'using cascade data;
7- check on efficiency previously assumed,using cascade data;
8-estimation of off-design performance;
9- rig testing

I will explain this items one by one at later posts.

thank u

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Welcome, Surena. Are you a hobbyist or a professional? I will follow along with interest.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

surena

Post by surena » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi mike!
thanks for your good and useful site!
I am working and researching on gas turbine field in Iran and I have some researches about axial compressor overal design and it's blading.
we are working hard to produce a computer program that be able to calculate all design parameters, ploting all drawings , simulation testing conditions,..., for axial compressor designing and manufacturing with visual basic programing language. I think this job will be revolution on gas turbine designing.
I hope that be able to share my knowledge with U.

B.R

surena

determination of rotational speed and annulus dimensions

Post by surena » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:47 pm

before of begining our argumentation about axial compressor design,I have to express that reader of this topic must be graduate or undergraduate of mechanical engineering for good underestanding of this subject and good knowledge on sciences such as thermodynamic,fluidmechanic and fundamental of turbomachines is necessary!I will try to explain in more easy terms without complex formulating and diagrams.evidently if somebody want to know more,inform me for more information presenting.
Now! we must assume some parameters for starting our job,such as blade tip speed,axial velocity of air which will be constant in compressor throughout,and hup-tip ratio at inlet to first stage. then we can estimate rotation speed that in this step. we must know and consider our turbine rotation speed and compare it with calculated rotation speed , chosing suitable value for it.
therefore be able to correction of blade tip speed .after passing from this step , now can to calculate the related much number( related velocity of air to blade per sonic velocity). at se-level static condition and finding of ambient temperature and pressure we can calculate static temperature and pressure at exit of stator.
with continuoue equation and geometrical consideration optimal tip and rotations peed and root and tip radii will obtain!