New member from belgium and few questions.

Moderator: Mike Everman

johnw1
Antipspambot question: 0

New member from belgium and few questions.

Post by johnw1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:14 am

hi everybody,

my name is john, 24 y.o, i live in belgium and i love all sort of engines who sort of the ordinary. i made few years ago a turbo turbine with a turbo from vw 19 tdi. I want to make a new one now but i can't resolve some stuff about lubricate. When i tried to oil the turbo, the shaft completly block and when i reduce the pressure of oil, the turbo axle goes bad.

In the post with the pocket bike, the creator use standart bearing with extra fueling lubrification. Is this way of use is safe in time ? i suppose that the fuel goes trought the ball of the bearing and burn with the rest of fuel.

sorry for my poor english, i try to make less mistake as i can

Johansson

re: New member from belgium and few questions.

Post by Johansson » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:32 pm

Hi!

If it is my pocketbike you are talking about I have grinded down the shaft and fitted ball bearings instead of the regular oil bearing. If you are not extremely short on space like I am on the bike I suggest that you get a good oil pump and use the standard bearing to avoid much extra work...

//Anders

johnw1

Post by johnw1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:55 pm

thanks for your answer. extra work is not a problem. if bearing is enought hard to do what it have to do, i prefer to use them. i think is cheaper than rebuild kit for turbo. is your's oiled by fuel? have you to set the pressure of fuel or is the segments who make the resistance of the fuel flow ? thank a lot.

Johansson

Post by Johansson » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:06 pm

The bearings are not lubricated by the fuel but a mix of 2-stroke oil and diesel from a separate oil tank which is pressurised by a bleed tube from the combustor casing and mixed with bleed air before it enters the engine before the front bearing. The amount of oil is restricted by a 0.3mm jet in the line before it mixes with the air.

If you read through the thread you will find all info about the bearings and lubrication...

//Anders