I need a new project!

Moderator: Mike Everman

Daz Man
Antipspambot question: 0

I need a new project!

Post by Daz Man » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:09 am

Hi Gas Turbine enthusiasts! I want to move on from my previous projects (Valveless section "Aussie guys first jets" & "Aussie lockwood rocks") and have a go at a GT with freepower. As per my first build on late 90's ("Aussie guys first jets") I have reasonable experience with Turbo based GT's. Since then my tools and expertise has grown with my PJ experiences. I have a few questions. As I do not have facilitys to manufacture turbine wheels and shafts etc I am considering creating a GT and adding an additional turbo (minus compressor housing) to the outlet of GT to form the freepower stage. Has this been tried and if so with what types of turbo have been used? Any ideas on possible shaft output power and rpm would also be greatly appreciated.[/url]
Attachments
Gas Turbo & Lockwood.WMV
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 1776 times

racketmotorman

re: I need a new project!

Post by racketmotorman » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:04 pm

G'day Daz
Have you had a look on Nick Haddocks Turbine site , theres lotsa pics of my freepower kart setup , it had ~30hp , theres also pics on the net of my bikes >100 hp setup

If you have troubles finding the pics, sent a private email and I'll be able to attach a link , I can't seem to be able to on the open forum , duh :-((

Cheers
John

Daz Man

re: I need a new project!

Post by Daz Man » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:51 am

Hi Racket, Yeah I loved your Kart (I believe it is sold now?). From the pics I seem to recall you created a custom housing and bearing carrier etc for the free power turbine. I dont have tools etc to create these sections. Would it be feasable to use a complete second turbo with its compressor housing and compressor wheel removed as the freepower section. If so would you need to add aditional support (bearings) to the shaft so as to allow for the loading that a gear or sprocket connection would impose. By the way if you ever want to sell any of your fantastic creations again let me know - I would be most interested. My email is copyking@westnet.com.au

Thanks

Daryl