Turbojet combustor cans

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Turbojet combustor cans

Post by Viv » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:23 am

Has anybody got any good information or web site links they could share on combustor cans?

Any thing from simple how it works guides to advanced stuff would be of interest.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Turbojet combustor cans

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Viv wrote:Has anybody got any good information or web site links they could share on combustor cans?

Any thing from simple how it works guides to advanced stuff would be of interest.

Viv
I'll e-mail you a copy (not a link) of a web page that appears to be defunct, so that the links contained therein will probably also be defunct, but try exploring them. The page itself has some interesting basic info.

For more than that, I suggest a book, 'Jet Engines', by Klaus Huenecke. Truly excellent. Cheap at Amazon or in an Oxford bookstore.

Bruno

Viv

Re: Turbojet combustor cans

Post by Viv » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:39 pm

brunoogorelec wrote:
Viv wrote:Has anybody got any good information or web site links they could share on combustor cans?

Viv
I'll e-mail you a copy (not a link) of a web page that appears to be defunct, so that the links contained therein will probably also be defunct, but try exploring them. The page itself has some interesting basic info.

For more than that, I suggest a book, 'Jet Engines', by Klaus Huenecke. Truly excellent. Cheap at Amazon or in an Oxford bookstore.

Bruno
Yep! got that book, and a very good book it is too, thanks for the links Bruno I will check them out.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Hank
Antipspambot question: 0

Report No. 880

Post by Hank » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:17 pm

Hello, Viv- I have a rather substantial document garnered from the NACA Tech Report Server. The title is "Analysis of Jet-Propulsion-Engine Pressure Losses", authors I. Irving Pinkel and Harold Shames.
Report No. 880
This 40's era report covers the combustion can on a written and mathmatical level I've not seen elsewhere. Momentum pressure losses described so even I can understand it.

Later, Hank

I've got some original AM Lippish papers if anyone is interested in copies.
This stuff is great. Handwritten and sketches. Delta.

cudabean

Post by cudabean » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:57 am

Yep! got that book, and a very good book it is too, thanks for the links Bruno I will check them out.
Hmm.. I ordered that book from Amazon too! I like it except for the way that pulsejets are summarized in a paragraph or two, IIRC.

http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/1468-5248/3/1/030

http://www.turbulence-control.gr.jp/PDF ... mamoto.pdf

Here's something neat. It's a doctoral thesis on gas turbine combustion.
Here's a quote from the intro: Although, a number of techniques were devised to achieve these goals [clean burning and efficiency], burning a lean premixed charge of fuel and oxidizer in a swirl stabilized flame was by far the most efficient way and was quickly adopted. The whole 200+ page thesis is here:
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/availa ... estricted/

cudabean

Viv

Post by Viv » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:09 am

Thanks guys thats a lot of reading for me to do now:-)

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire