vortechonline.com

Moderator: Mike Everman

jthompso
Antipspambot question: 0

vortechonline.com

Post by jthompso » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:39 am

Hey everybody, I ordered the book Model Jet Engines from a company called vortech (prizm) at http://www.vortechonline.com . I'm just wondering if anybody has had any dealing with them--I'm still a little wary of smaller online stores after my Bruce Simpson ordeal. Any reviews of the company you might have would be greatly appreciated.

El-Kablooey

re: vortechonline.com

Post by El-Kablooey » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:18 am

I know nothing of vortech, but I probably wouldn't order their book. There is no reason to. I highly doubt you will find any info that is not covered in the forums on this site, for free.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

Greg O'Bryant

Post by Greg O'Bryant » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 am

I have never built anything of theirs but I did buy some pressure jet blue prints from them once, you know the ones that don't work as well as they should. I have seen people on other forums that have had problems with building the G-1 helicopter. On the other hand they have plans for gyro's that are said to work. I don't think that they test any of their plans they sale and are acting as a publisher only.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:46 pm

I find it difficult to believe that they would offer a plan to build a helicopter without a control stick (G-1). But they do. It's not just an error on the picture. It really does not have the control stick. Scary.

Fricke
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: re: vortechonline.com

Post by Fricke » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:29 pm

El-Kablooey wrote:I highly doubt you will find any info that is not covered in the forums on this site, for free.
Well the book mentioned is written by Thomas Kamps, and I don´t think that the info in his book can be found on this forum.

Fricke
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Fricke » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:31 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:I find it difficult to believe that they would offer a plan to build a helicopter without a control stick (G-1). But they do. It's not just an error on the picture. It really does not have the control stick. Scary.
The G-1 has a control stick, have a real good look! =)

Code: Select all

http://www.vortechonline.com/gallery/gk-g1-tst.jpg
It looks that it´s located to the right side of the G-1...

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:27 pm

Fricke wrote:
Bruno Ogorelec wrote:I find it difficult to believe that they would offer a plan to build a helicopter without a control stick (G-1). But they do. It's not just an error on the picture. It really does not have the control stick. Scary.
The G-1 has a control stick, have a real good look! =)

Code: Select all

http://www.vortechonline.com/gallery/gk-g1-tst.jpg
It looks that it´s located to the right side of the G-1...
Fricke, teh stick was added by people building the thing. Originally, G-1 did not have the stick and was criticized by a number of people for the fact. It may have been added in the later plans; I don't know. Vortech are still using the original photos without the stick in promotion -- shows you how much they care about their product.

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:39 am

Fricke wrote:
El-Kablooey wrote:I highly doubt you will find any info that is not covered in the forums on this site, for free.
Well the book mentioned is written by Thomas Kamps, and I don´t think that the info in his book can be found on this forum.

Whoops! I thought we were in a PJ forum when I wrote that, not the GT forum.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.