pheonix 30.3 turbine

Moderator: Mike Everman

multispool
Antipspambot question: 0

re: pheonix 30.3 turbine

Post by multispool » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:59 am

John,
Thank's for picking that up! I should have said "can be a mismatch " when used in a conventional engine. I was trying to steer any new comer to build from a tried and tested plan rather than to buy the first set of wheels they see on ebay!

Darrel, I don't know! maybe its in the Kamps book, These engines are very old in relative terms.

racketmotorman

Post by racketmotorman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm

Hi Multispool
I wholehearted agree with your thoughts on new builders sticking with a proven design . One can get into enough troubles even when doing that . Designing ones own engine isn't for newcomers :-))
Cheers
John

darrel.h

Post by darrel.h » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:52 pm

is there any place i can get specifically the pheonix 30.3 turbine plans. I want to build it because it has farther tolerences. Otherwise it will be more forgiving if there is a machining error. A general rule of thumb for turbines is the larger it is and less delicate. for my application, that is an important factor

hahh

Re: re: pheonix 30.3 turbine

Post by hahh » Mon May 08, 2006 11:39 am

I'm in the same postion with darrel.h. I have a very limited budget so it is very diffcult for me to oder a cast NGV and a turbine wheel of axial designs such as KJ-66. I want to build my first engine with the radial turbine wheel so I can use both compressor wheel and turbine wheel from old turbocharger.

I've searched the plans for the Phoenix 30.3 for along time but all I've found is that they will no longer sell the plan. I think it's legal if anyone can give us this obsolete plan. Please.