Hello everyone, a total newbie here.

Moderator: Mike Everman

Killjoy
Antipspambot question: 0

Hello everyone, a total newbie here.

Post by Killjoy » Mon May 17, 2004 2:45 pm

I am pritty much the same as Sakky, I would like to build my own pressure jet engine or buy one cheap.

I too have always had a fascination with aviation. My dad has many RC planes, an I have built an Estes rocket and they go very high. The parachute is the second best bit.

What I would like to do is have a Eugene Gluhareff G8-2-20 for putting on a bike or RC plane or glider.

Also I have seen the construction plans for the G8-2-5 Engine but I have been looking at some plans that I could use for building?

Does anyone know if the 20 Lb Thrust Jet Engine Plans at $20.00 (About £10-£12) from United Nuclear http://www.unitednuclear.com/jetplans.htm are any good?

As I said I would like some plans that would tell me how to build each part, assemble and opperate the engine.

So if anyone has got those plans or similer then please let me know what they are like? Also what is the engine like?
Yours Killjoy,

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Don't screwed

Post by luc » Wed May 19, 2004 12:19 pm

Hi Killjoy,

My best advise to you for now, would be to try to purchase the engine you want on the Web. There is plenty of incertanty gliding over the smaller Gluhareff engines. I beleive I saw a few of them on Ebay or Google.

I just came out of a saga on the 130R and I would not want you to go trough that also. But one thing I can tell you ... On the Website you have posted, the engine you see on its gokart is a 130 with a round intake (130R). Well I can positivally tell you that his plans are wrong and the engine you see on the gokart is deffenitally not pushing more then 60 pnds.. DO NOT PURCHASE THOSE PLANS. The poor guy probably does'nt even know better and he is just happy with the noise and wind in his face.

As for the other engines, meaning the 20, 40, and 80 pounder, I have all the plans but they still have to be veryfied and prooven.

You should also know this. Last week I have carried out a number of test using 2 engines. These test clearly demonstrated that even if you build 2 IDENTICAL engines. The second one build to the first one and the first one was delivering 130 pnds of thrust, well the second one won't. Each engine are unique and requires that they be built and tune by the hand of a knowledgable individual.

So ... My recommendation are ... Purchase it fully built and tunned, but watch were you are stepping my friend ... Or you will get ripped off.

Hooo .... By the way .... R. Q. Riley, Windspire and the others ... Are not knowledgable. They still have to proove that they can sell FULLY working engines.

Regards and have a nice day.

Luc