is it possible to by a pressure jet ?

Moderator: Mike Everman

isprins

is it possible to by a pressure jet ?

Post by isprins » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 pm

I am looking for a pressure jet in the 15 to 25 lbs thrust range, it must be farly compact and tested to run. And complete with ignition. I dont have the skills to make one,or the tools, and i am a bit lazy.

Does anyone know where i can get hold of one ?

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: is it possible to by a pressure jet ?

Post by luc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Yeap ... Obviously, I was sleeping and missed on this one ... :?

Anyway and to answer this question ...
isprins wrote:I am looking for a pressure jet in the 15 to 25 lbs thrust range, it must be farly compact and tested to run. And complete with ignition. I dont have the skills to make one,or the tools, and i am a bit lazy.

The answer is YES ... Contact Conception GLC inc. http://www.glcinc.ca (I am surprised no one told you this here :?: :?: :( )

We actually have 2 second generation 20 lbs. thrust pressure jet in stock with round intake. We are actually the first company who designed and manufactured "Round intake 20 lbs. thrust pressure jets" (I still can't figure out how 3D model ended-up on Tipjet's Website :?: :?: :?: ).

Anyway, if you still want one we have two and still have the toolings to build more :D .

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

isprins

Post by isprins » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:51 pm

luc wrote:Yeap ... Obviously, I was sleeping and missed on this one ... :?

Anyway and to answer this question ...
isprins wrote:I am looking for a pressure jet in the 15 to 25 lbs thrust range, it must be farly compact and tested to run. And complete with ignition. I dont have the skills to make one,or the tools, and i am a bit lazy.

The answer is YES ... Contact Conception GLC inc. http://www.glcinc.ca (I am surprised no one told you this here :?: :?: :( )

We actually have 2 second generation 20 lbs. thrust pressure jet in stock with round intake. We are actually the first company who designed and manufactured "Round intake 20 lbs. thrust pressure jets" (I still can't figure out how 3D model ended-up on Tipjet's Website :?: :?: :?: ).

Anyway, if you still want one we have two and still have the toolings to build more :D .

Regards,
That depends on the prize.

luc

Post by luc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:47 pm

That depends on the prize.
Well ... The best way to find out and like I said above, you can contact me using the http://www.glcinc.ca Website or use my Email below and I will quote you the pressurejet you would like.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Nicole
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Nicole » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi isprins,

Go to see this site : http://www.tipjet.com/
They worked hard with some engineers for release a good product. Theyre new one 20lbs of thrust will please you.

cheers,
Nicole

L'avenir appartient à ceux qui se lèvent tôt :-)

luc

Post by luc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Nicole wrote:

Hi isprins,

They worked hard with some engineers for release a good product. Theyre new one 20lbs of thrust will please you.

cheers,
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2280#p26620
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1374&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p18180
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1621#p18128

And there is much more .... :lol:

Who's the one who sold Jesus to the Romans for a bag full of ... "MONEY" ?????????????????????????? :wink:

Or better said ... "One day it's good and an other it's not" Or maybe the other way around "One day it's not good and an other day it is" ... :lol:

All duely recorded for futur use ... And well knowing the writter ...

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Troy T

Post by Troy T » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:10 pm

The link provided takes you to a website in another language. wheres the english web site?

metiz

Post by metiz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Quantify the world.

luc

Post by luc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:41 pm

metiz wrote:Beck Technologies sells them also I believe
http://www.beck-technologies.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnvbiDX_RDc
Hi Metiz,

Indeed ... It seems one was built and its a five pounder.

Now, I am note sure it is for sale, especially if Beck Technologies is in USA.

Looking at the video raised a few questions in my mind, especially about the propane tank setup since pressure jets runs on liquid propane not vapor propane. But again, maybe the BBQ tank was modified so liquid propane is provided, otherwise, it will just burn fuel.

Also, the supersonic injector mounting is quite strange for I know this configuration ("U" bend) not to work well.

But indeed ... That's a five pounder (Nice work Eric).

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Eric
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

luc wrote:
metiz wrote:Beck Technologies sells them also I believe
http://www.beck-technologies.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnvbiDX_RDc
Hi Metiz,

Indeed ... It seems one was built and its a five pounder.

Now, I am note sure it is for sale, especially if Beck Technologies is in USA.

Looking at the video raised a few questions in my mind, especially about the propane tank setup since pressure jets runs on liquid propane not vapor propane. But again, maybe the BBQ tank was modified so liquid propane is provided, otherwise, it will just burn fuel.

Also, the supersonic injector mounting is quite strange for I know this configuration ("U" bend) not to work well.

But indeed ... That's a five pounder (Nice work Eric).

Regards,

Luc,
By that logic, your website shows at most three engines, so it seems three were built. Is that a fair assessment?

As long as X velocity and Y volume/pressure/temp of fuel is supplied, the engine does not care what kind of phase change is going on inside the fuel coil.

Admittedly, the L shape pressure jets are made to be compact, and serve a very very specific function on rotorjet applications, and it does what it needs to do. However, trying to design linear engines off the L shaped Gluhareff, for linear propulsion is kind of nonsensical.

Now if you have an engine on the tip of a rotor, spinning very fast, of course you want it as compact and light as possible, which ultimately limits what you can and can not do with the design.

When you turn it into a linear engine, and want to use it for static and linear applications, there are innumerably more things you can do with the design. You have to then ask yourself, why go with the standard pressure jet concept, which can not self sustain on its own without the high velocity fuel stream?

Making a crippled thermoacoustic device, that harnesses almost none of the energy and beneficial effects of thermoacoustics, is kind of amusing.

Now if one starts with a fairly well optimized pulsejet on the other hand, that is capable of breathing in all the air it needs, AND THEN add supersonic fuel injection, as well as simple low drag flame holders, you get a pulsejet that produces as much thrust statically, as it would produce while getting ram air in flight. It can then benefit even more once it is actually moving through the air. This effect can be optimized for any number of applications, be it static or very high velocity.

Pulsejet based engine:
self breathing + supersonic fuel injection entraining additional air + ram air pressure from forward motion

Linear pressure jet engine:
supersonic fuel injection entraining most/all the air + ram air pressure from forward motion

Sure superficially the engine is now larger than a linear pressure jet, but it will produce much more thrust at lower fuel consumption, which means you can actually use a much smaller engine do the same job.

Also good to know that the U bend in the injector line doesnt work well, silly me, I thought that since there were a number of tight coils inside the engine that another half a coil wouldnt make a difference. I guess thats just my inexperience talking.

Eric
Attachments
index_fr_47.jpg

Talking like a pirate does not qualify as experience, this should be common sense, as pirates have little real life experience in anything other than smelling bad, and contracting venereal diseases

luc

Post by luc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi Eric,

Wowww ... That's a very extended reply to a very small post ...

Anyway ... I will use your text and put my comments under ...
As long as X velocity and Y volume/pressure/temp of fuel is supplied, the engine does not care what kind of phase change is going on inside the fuel coil.
Except you will just loose apprx. 50% of the thrust as our own experiences demonstrated. But again, you need to put the engine on an adequate thrust stand to realize this.
Admittedly, the L shape pressure jets are made to be compact, and serve a very very specific function on rotorjet applications, and it does what it needs to do. However, trying to design linear engines off the L shaped Gluhareff, for linear propulsion is kind of nonsensical.
Well ... If you say so ... But also admittedly, we do sell "Linear" engines where it was impossible to sell "L" shape engines and one of the reasons is "NOISE" level.
Now if you have an engine on the tip of a rotor, spinning very fast, of course you want it as compact and light as possible, which ultimately limits what you can and can not do with the design.
Like you say ... It's all a question of application and needs.
When you turn it into a linear engine, and want to use it for static and linear applications, there are innumerably more things you can do with the design. You have to then ask yourself, why go with the standard pressure jet concept, which can not self sustain on its own without the high velocity fuel stream?
OR, why not use it if you need low noise, self starting and wide throttle capabilities ... Again, this all depends on what you want to do with it and the application.
Making a crippled thermoacoustic device, that harnesses almost none of the energy and beneficial effects of thermoacoustics, is kind of amusing.
Who would want to do this I ask you???
Now if one starts with a fairly well optimized pulsejet on the other hand, that is capable of breathing in all the air it needs, AND THEN add supersonic fuel injection, as well as simple low drag flame holders, you get a pulsejet that produces as much thrust statically, as it would produce while getting ram air in flight. It can then benefit even more once it is actually moving through the air. This effect can be optimized for any number of applications, be it static or very high velocity.

Pulsejet based engine:
self breathing + supersonic fuel injection entraining additional air + ram air pressure from forward motion

Linear pressure jet engine:
supersonic fuel injection entraining most/all the air + ram air pressure from forward motion

Sure superficially the engine is now larger than a linear pressure jet, but it will produce much more thrust at lower fuel consumption, which means you can actually use a much smaller engine do the same job.
Well ... If you say so, but certainly not what tests are demonstrating here for the PulseRam has surpassed everything encountered before.
Also good to know that the U bend in the injector line doesnt work well, silly me, I thought that since there were a number of tight coils inside the engine that another half a coil wouldnt make a difference. I guess thats just my inexperience talking.
Well again ... Maybe it does'nt have anything to do with the coils or number of turns. Maybe you should have a closer look at your nozzle when the engine start, warm-up and runs or maybe look toward "Thermal expansion or thermal distorsion".

Look closely Eric ... Look very very closely ... You will see ...

The biggest lesson learned with pressure jets, is that even if well running, the barrier is very narrow between a well running/none thrusting engine and one that runs and thrust and never take for granted that because an engine is running ... That it pushes.

Strangely, yesterday I was talking to a gentlemen that claims having pruchased an engine directly from Engene him self and although the engine was running perfectly (Good sound, good noise, red hot and burning fuel) it was also giving only 20 lbs. of thrust and it was a 130R.

But again ... Nice picture and movie Eric, keep up the good work.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Viv

Post by Viv » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Nicole wrote:

Hi isprins,

They worked hard with some engineers for release a good product. They're new one 20lbs of thrust will please you.

cheers,
I see that the www.tipjet.com web site is back up again after being down for maintenance for a while, looks very nice with a new layout and some interesting information on the history of the pressure jet engines.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire