Pulseramjet

Moderator: Mike Everman

leo
Antipspambot question: 0

Pulseramjet

Post by leo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:46 pm

At last a picture on the GLC website of the new Pulseram jet.
Looks a lot like I imagine it to be.
Still can't find a patent of it, Luc or Viv are you still here, reading post?.
Here is the address.

http://www.securenet.net/members/glc-inc/index.html

and here a picture of it.
Attachments
pulseram new.jpg
pulseram new.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 22181 times
Last edited by leo on Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave_G

Re: Pulseramjet

Post by Dave_G » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:02 pm

leo wrote:...Still can’t find a patent of it...
It reminds me of this one...wonder what's different?
Attachments
6216446.jpg
(548.03 KiB) Downloaded 945 times

Mark

re: Pulseramjet

Post by Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:20 pm

It would be nice to see a thrust to weight ratio up front.
Mark
Presentation is Everything

leo

Post by leo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:56 pm

Dave_G wrote: It reminds me of this one...wonder what's different?
Read trough this post Dave maybe its helpful?.

http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/viewto ... highlight=

Dave_G

Post by Dave_G » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:54 am

[quote="leo"]Read trough this post Dave maybe its helpful?.[quote]

Leo: Thanks!

I was not aware of that thread.

I can see after reading just the first post that it will probably explain a lot. I will read it in full.

Thanks again,

Dave

hagent

re: Pulseramjet

Post by hagent » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:26 am

Wow It's quite short for a valveless. I wonder what the frequency is.
Hagen Tannberg

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:53 pm

Dave_G wrote:
leo wrote:...Still can’t find a patent of it...
It reminds me of this one...wonder what's different?
Greetings,

Sorry if I have missed out on this one ... Or mayby it was intentionally ... I don't remember.

Anyway ... Now that our patent has been published and if you find it and read it, you will note there are ALOT of differences, one behing "No Flame holder" or "Re-ignitor Device".

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Re: re: Pulseramjet

Post by luc » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm

Mark wrote:It would be nice to see a thrust to weight ratio up front.
Mark
Hi again,

10 to 1 is now a secured thrut to weight ratio.

At one point we had readings showing 209 lbs. of thrust from a 9 pounds engine, but this reading still needs to be secured steady from one engine to another.

Our last one is 337 lbs. of thrust from a 36 pounds engine (9.36 to 1 ratio). But we had to kill that big engine very fast for it was generating so much heat that it was dangerously heating our new test cell walls up to a point we could not stand our hands on it and we were affraid of fire.

This engine's testing is still on standby and until we get the walls modified so they don't heat-up so much.

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:04 pm

hagent wrote:Wow It's quite short for a valveless. I wonder what the frequency is.
We now have so many movies published from where you can spectrum it, that I can now answer this one too.

Between 140 to 170 Hz depending of the throtle settings and if it is configured as a "Burner" or "Propulsor".

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mitchell

Post by Mitchell » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:26 pm

luc wrote:
Hi again,

10 to 1 is now a secured thrut to weight ratio.

At one point we had readings showing 209 lbs. of thrust from a 9 pounds engine, but this reading still needs to be secured steady from one engine to another.

Our last one is 337 lbs. of thrust from a 36 pounds engine (9.36 to 1 ratio). But we had to kill that big engine very fast for it was generating so much heat that it was dangerously heating our new test cell walls up to a point we could not stand our hands on it and we were affraid of fire.

This engine's testing is still on standby and until we get the walls modified so they don't heat-up so much.

Regards,
What is the Thrust-specific fuel consumption when it is configured as "propulsor"?

Have you calculated the Thrust-specific volume? Or can you tell us the thrust per unit cross-sectional area of the combustion chamber?

Altogether a very nice engine! Excellent work, and thank you for sharing this information with all of us.

Regards,

Mitch

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:06 pm

What is the Thrust-specific fuel consumption when it is configured as "propulsor"?

Regards,

Mitch
Hi Mitch,

Looking a data sheet we have here, our PulseRam in its 100 lbs. thrust engine configuration was burning liquid propane at a rate of 1.04 Lbs/min or 2.04 Litres/min, while delivering between 94 to 110 lbs. of thrust (102 Lbs. of thrust average).

As for our 10 millions (11,760,000 actually) Btu/Hrs Big Boy (337 Lbs. of thrust), the measurements were done "As a Burner" and thrust was not recorded at this perticular time :(

I will let you figure out the rest,

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mitchell

Pulseramjet SFC

Post by Mitchell » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:51 pm

62.4 lbs per hour fuel consumption (1.04lb/min X 60min/hr) producing an average thrust of 102 lbs yields a thrust-specific fuel consumption of 0.61 lb Fuel per lb thrust per hour.

THAT IS ASTOUNDING!! This beats even the very best fully augmented valveless pulsejets, and many early gas turbines. Is this a new record for pulse combustors?!?

Does anyone else know of any pulse combustor that has done better, or even come close??

Was this STATIC thrust, or was the engine tested in an airstream (wind tunnel) that contributed energy via ram effect?

Again, AMAZING!and CONGRATULATIONS!!

luc

Re: Pulseramjet SFC

Post by luc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Mitchell wrote:62.4 lbs per hour fuel consumption (1.04lb/min X 60min/hr) producing an average thrust of 102 lbs yields a thrust-specific fuel consumption of 0.61 lb Fuel per lb thrust per hour.

THAT IS ASTOUNDING!! This beats even the very best fully augmented valveless pulsejets, and many early gas turbines. Is this a new record for pulse combustors?!?

Does anyone else know of any pulse combustor that has done better, or even come close??

Was this STATIC thrust, or was the engine tested in an airstream (wind tunnel) that contributed energy via ram effect?

Again, AMAZING!and CONGRATULATIONS!!
This was done "Static" ...

But I do remember one test where we used a leaf blower generating wind at 225 mph (That's what written on the box), aimed straight into our engine's intake and if I do remember correctly, we saw a 20% to 25% thrust increase, while not touching the throtle.

But don't go "A Wild" over this one as I also remember this to be a poor and "Back Barn" set up.

This perticular event brings back good and funy memory (At the time) He he he ... Where my partner almost or did loose 6 inches of his hears because they where suck-up into the leaf blower's intake and high speed impeller ... He he he.

Well ... That was not funy at the time ... Or was it? ... I don't know ...

But it shure brings up good old memories ...

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

hagent

Pulse combuster

Post by hagent » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:49 pm

Hey Luc,

That's really amazing. I'm happy for you and hope you will succed in getting this to the market place.

It's nice when you can take a hobby? or obsession and pay for the roof over your head.

Good luck,

Hagen
Hagen Tannberg

luc

Re: Pulse combuster

Post by luc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:26 pm

hagent wrote:Hey Luc,

That's really amazing. I'm happy for you and hope you will succed in getting this to the market place.

It's nice when you can take a hobby? or obsession and pay for the roof over your head.

Good luck,

Hagen
Thanks Hagen,

But it would not be faire from me not to underline that I first started as a "Rooky" in this community, before being who I am today, with the business, market and contracts we have today.

One must never forget where he is coming from and who as contributed to his success.

Years ago, computers use to be to expensive for us common peoples and today, everyone has one.

Maybe and hopefully, the PulseRam will become an engine that everyone can play with and maybe the grand father of a next to come ... Super Dooper WarPRam :arrow: ... We never know :wink:

My son once told me, "Dady ... Maybe you will become a millionaire with this engine" and I answered him, "Son ... This is not my main goal. I do this for you to be proud and remember me later and maybe one day when you will see a PulseRam flying high ... You will say "MY DAD was part of this".

Roots and remembrence ... These are some life true values ...
It is what you leave behind you that is important ... Not what you put in your pockets.

This is why when I see a nice message like yours Hagen, that I see that GLC and the hard workers part of it, are leaving something good behind.

Maybe not much for now ... But that's a start.

Thaks and regards Hagen,
Luc
Designer & Inventor