Pulseramjet

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Meters, Mr. Towns, meters

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 pm

That's a lot of variations on a theme there Luc. Lot's of learning going on there with your Dad's work.
The other day I was watching some show and they asked what brings in the most money for the United States. I might have guessed Larry's Iowa corn or oil or computers or something, but I was surprised to find out aircraft sales makes this country the most money, the program said. I don't know if it's true, but if not then it must be a close second.
We get some of our money back from China that way. ha
Presentation is Everything

isprins

Re: Pulseramjet

Post by isprins » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:08 pm

( luc )
wow, that's a quite impressive thrust-to weight ratio. How mutch will a 25 lbs thrust unit cost ?

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:18 pm

isprins wrote:( luc )
wow, that's a quite impressive thrust-to weight ratio. How mutch will a 25 lbs thrust unit cost ?
Well ... The same old question comes back here and it's not "What is the cost of a 25 lbs. thrust PulseRam?" but more "How can you sell a 25 lbs. thrsut PulseRam for X thousand of dollars to the public market?", then try to sell that same engine for XX thousands of dollars to the aeronautical or military markets?

And this question comes second next the one "How can you sell a PulseRam before it has flown?" But strangly and still, we did get requests for "Flight PulseRam engines", the requesting peoples offering to fly it for us and again, the decision was made that our PulseRam would first fly here in Quebec Canada for our own reasons.

There will be no controvercials when PulseRam first flight will be reccorded published by GLC.

Although we have a few offers on the table for us to recieve UAV airframes (Some free and some expensive) still in progress, we have decided to first, maintain our prime objectives, let some time go by to see if indeed a free airframe will finally come to GLC and if not, I will design (Done) and build (Just need the time and get the material) this wanted UAV my self in my own free time and pass it on to GLC for the purpose.

Anyway, it will not be the first that build a UAV airframe, which is no more the an "Over grown RC model" (Just need the time to do it).

After all this ... We will see ...

Regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

LINZ

Post by LINZ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Luc
I think the normal way of doing that is that the hobby market uses equipment that is non man rated. That is, if it fails in flight, no one dies. This means that as long as you maintain a good market reputation for supplying quality equipment, you build them and sell them by whatever means is most efficient. The aerospace industry requires a lot more quality controls built into the manufacturing process at every stage including traceability of raw materials. The military often requires even more of this sort of stuff. Providing all of this documentation really does cost thousands of dollars and so charging a fee as a percentage of the entire cost to you is completely legitimate and commonly accepted.

LINZ

luc

Post by luc » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:43 pm

I think the normal way of doing that is that the hobby market uses equipment that is non man rated
Military and/or Industrial UAV's are also rated "Non Man". Keep in mind that our engines are not destined for Manned Aircrafts, but exclusivaly for UAVs.
That is, if it fails in flight
It won't ...
The aerospace industry requires a lot more quality controls built into the manufacturing process at every stage including traceability of raw materials
Tell me about it ... I have spent most of my life working in this field ...
The military often requires even more of this sort of stuff
I know ... I Have work five years for Oerlikon Aerospace on the ADATS System, first as an assembly technician, then as an FSR (Field Service Rep. and last as a test technician ... I know what this sector's requirements.
Providing all of this documentation really does cost thousands of dollars and so charging a fee as a percentage of the entire cost to you is completely legitimate and commonly accepted
Indeed your right ... But these markets and/or industries really don't like to find what they are buying or using into peoples backyards.

Anyway ... Will fly it first and then see where all this leads us too ...

One step at the time ...

Thanks and regards,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:57 pm

leo wrote:At last a picture on the GLC website of the new Pulseram jet.
Looks a lot like I imagine it to be.
Still can't find a patent of it, Luc or Viv are you still here, reading post?.
Here is the address.

http://www.securenet.net/members/glc-inc/index.html

and here a picture of it.
Thats an inline pressure jet engine designed specifically for use as a burner, it only makes 3.5 pounds of thrust but it does make a lot of heat ;-), much to some peoples annoyance it can not be altered in a simplistic way to get higher thrust as the acoustics are deliberately designed so it can not "lock" up properly, its one of the reasons why it is quieter than the Gluhareff L shaped tip jet engine, 120 db as compared to 145 to 150 db for a tip jet L shaped engine.

Designed for use on rail sidings as a switch heater, if it could be simply turned in to a flight engine it would have made a tempting target for any one wanting to steal it and power up a drone or UAV.

As all pressure jets its fuel hungry, after all its what its designed to do, turn fuel in to heat.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

Post by luc » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Again ....
Attachments
TPRJ20-100 PulseRam (TP 350 X 21).JPG
TPRJ20-100 PuleRam (Thrust figures in Top Right Screen)
Luc
Designer & Inventor

daab

Post by daab » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 am

Sorry for my poor English, is English translator google.
Finally what happened to the Pulseramjet? luc and viv will agree? 3 pounds of thrust or 45? The subject is too interesting to quit.
daab

Viv

Post by Viv » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 pm

daab wrote:Sorry for my poor English, is English translator google.
Finally what happened to the Pulseramjet? luc and viv will agree? 3 pounds of thrust or 45? The subject is too interesting to quit.
daab
Hi Daab

The Pulseram burner makes 3.5 pounds of thrust max, this is as it was designed to do, the claims of 45 pounds were misrepresentation at best
Conception GLC inc is now bankrupt and the company no longer exists details are available via my blog

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

Post by luc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 pm

daab
Hi Daab,

The PulseRam is very fine in both its burner and jet engine configurations. It all depends how you configure and build it.

Although, it is also covered by issued patent and patent applications owned by someone else as I heard and do not believe the new owner willing to disclose additional information about it.

One should use cautions believing everything read or pretended, for there are great differences between "Reality" and "Pretentions" coming from "Imagination", the above graphic speaking for it self I believe.

But all said, the PulseRam is fine ... That I can affirm ... ;-)

Good day,
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Viv

Post by Viv » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Yes what ever ;-)

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Viv

Post by Viv » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 pm

luc wrote:
daab
Hi Daab,

The PulseRam is very fine in both its burner and jet engine configurations. It all depends how you configure and build it.

Although, it is also covered by issued patent and patent applications owned by someone else as I heard and do not believe the new owner willing to disclose additional information about it.

One should use cautions believing everything read or pretended, for there are great differences between "Reality" and "Pretentions" coming from "Imagination", the above graphic speaking for it self I believe.

But all said, the PulseRam is fine ... That I can affirm ... ;-)

Good day,
Sorry I was busy watching the Apple update about the new OS X Lion the the super sexy new Macbook Air so did not have time for a longer answer.

As a matter of public record the patent is now owned by *removed by admin*, I hope he has good luck with that and its ironic to see it back in his hands as that's were the story originally started with him developing a burner for clearing ice and snow off the top of trucks.

The pulseram burner is just that, a burner, to claim otherwise is just dreaming at best ;-)

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 pm

I am locking this topic as it is becoming yet another pissing match.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.