A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mr. Yuk
Antipspambot question: 0

A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Post by Mr. Yuk » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:31 am

Well they don't call it a pressure jet, but perhaps more appropriatly a PulseRam-and that is exactly what it is. I don't know if you have seen GLC's announcement or not but here it is. http://pulse-jets.glc-inc.ca/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=32

I was talking to Luc and I was absolutly astounded when he told me the thrust produced by their engine built around 20lb pressure jet geometry. As Luc said himself, this is the end of the road for the conventional L shape gluey style jet. I can tell you the inline engine manufacturing process will be much simplified and more economical-while producing several times the force and benefitting from ram air. GLC's PulseRam measured 26dB less than a 2nd gen engine of it's size. The possible applications in aviation and other static situations will be innumeral compared the 1st and 2nd generation engines. Perhaps Luc and Viv can enlighten us on their innovation.

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Post by luc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:14 am

Mr. Yuk wrote:Well they don't call it a pressure jet, but perhaps more appropriatly a PulseRam-and that is exactly what it is. I don't know if you have seen GLC's announcement or not but here it is. http://pulse-jets.glc-inc.ca/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=32

I was talking to Luc and I was absolutly astounded when he told me the thrust produced by their engine built around 20lb pressure jet geometry. As Luc said himself, this is the end of the road for the conventional L shape gluey style jet. I can tell you the inline engine manufacturing process will be much simplified and more economical-while producing several times the force and benefitting from ram air. GLC's PulseRam measured 26dB less than a 2nd gen engine of it's size. The possible applications in aviation and other static situations will be innumeral compared the 1st and 2nd generation engines. Perhaps Luc and Viv can enlighten us on their innovation.
Hi Mr. Yuk,

Well .... Thanks for the posting.

Indeed, what Mr. Yuk is saying here, is also present on this page :

http://www.glc-inc.ca/e-page-whatsnew

As for thrust figures, we are still very carefull about we are ready to claim here, as the results are quite astonishing. So astonishing that Viv had to verify the calibration of our test stand numerous times, and even after we realized that the test stand calibration was exact, we sub-contracted a private and independent firm to validate its accuracy ... Which are still accurate.

After this, we took one of our 2nd generation "L" shape pressure, ran it and compared the results against our new engine and again, Viv, Stéphane and I were OFF our chairs. As Viv is still trying to kill these results, we will publish final results as we will come to the conclusion that what we see ... Is what we get.

But we can confidently affirm now, that our new engine is by far, leaving the "L" shape way behind, in thrust, manufacturing simplicity and noise level output.

Anyway, for us the "L" shape is now an obsolete engine and is out of the game, as far as we are concerned.

So ... Before I put anything else ... I will simply wait that my partner get to the point where he will say ... "Okeyy, I am convinced.

He he he ... Poor Viv ... he is still in shock.

Have a good reading,

Regards,

Luc

Mike Everman

re: A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:20 am

Very cool. Of course I can't wait to see what it's about, when you're protected. Congratulations!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:38 am

You leave town for a few days and everything changes!

New GLC PulseRam = less complexity, more thrust, less noise and Viv in shock.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Viv, Stéphane and Luc it’s time to get back ON your chairs and validate those test results. We need details.

I’m headed back out on the road for a couple of more days, but will check in on the forums at every opportunity. Looking forward to more updates.

Dave

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: re: A Revolution in Pressure Jet Technology

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:53 pm

Dave wrote:Looking forward to more updates.
This is the understatement of the year! I am dying to hear more.

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:29 pm

Some TSFC figures would be great. Thrust figures are nice but it would be easier to compare units even the genuine 20lb unit with fuel consumption/thrust figures.
I'm hoping that the clue is the mention in the GLC Pulseram note there is less noise..........This must mean better fuel consuption/lb of thrust?
Go on you can tell all of us we won't tell anyone, other than the whole internet. :-)
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

Viv

Post by Viv » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:25 pm

Well I understand you want figures but the last time any body here mentioned any there was a huge flame war;-) so to avoid that we wont mention any figures:-)

Let me put it this way, the new PulseRam makes the same level of power on the test stand as our old GLC L shape 20 pounder, not saying what it makes I am just saying that they make about the same give or take a bit.

For this we are just using the test stand as a meter and seeing if the needle goes to the same spot:-)

Now the original Glueharef L Shape 20 pounders on the same test stand under the same operating conditions made less than our GLC L shape 20 pounder, again I am not saying or claiming any precise values so no one can get in to an argument, just they make less power thats all.

I only use the 20 pounder designation to give you the frame size of the engines for a comparison.

Now the last thing to say is that the Glueharef and the GLC L shape engines all run with a standard 1/8 inch supersonic propane nozzle, the new PulseRam engine on the other hand is making the same power as our old L shape engine but on a smaller nozzle of 7/64 inch, thats the next drill size down for the people like me who think in metric (god I miss it)

So the engines are the same rough size, making the same rough power, but the new engine uses less fuel as its a smaller nozzle, it also weighs less by a good couple of pounds than the old L shapes.

26 Dba lower noise output is measured with a Bruel and Kjaer type 2240 class 1 sound level meter and calibrated using a type 4231 calibrator, this is a comparison between the new engine and the old GLC L shape engine, and again same operating conditions.

Viv

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:23 pm

Viv, I love when you are being precise! :o)

Looks like you have made quite a leap forward. The noise detail is the most interesting to me by far.

Please give me a hint -- did you design it to be a good performer and it just came out quiet, too, or did you design it to be quiet?

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:35 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Viv, I love when you are being precise! :o)

Looks like you have made quite a leap forward. The noise detail is the most interesting to me by far.

Please give me a hint -- did you design it to be a good performer and it just came out quiet, too, or did you design it to be quiet?
Well maybe precise were it can not be argued and I don't think any one can argue with my sound meter:-)

Big leap forwards? no rather a series of smaller leaps that I hope will all add up the right way in the final version:-)

The engine itself is designed to give the same power per frame size but just do it better:-) its designed to work in a number of market segments with very differant requirments, first thing I needed was a basic combustor that would work under all the differant conditions from static to dynamic operation.

Viv

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:54 pm

Viv, your explanation sounds like something a husband tells his wife when she finds he has been buying flowers with his credit card but not bringing any home.

Well, I guess we'll hear details soon enough.

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Viv, your explanation sounds like something a husband tells his wife when she finds he has been buying flowers with his credit card but not bringing any home.

Well, I guess we'll hear details soon enough.
Ah well an interesting analogy but I think it would be more like fishing were you throw in a bit of bait before you start fishing just to get the fish interested:-)

Its what will come after this basic engine announcement thats really important, after all nearly every one here can build a working pulse jet my goal is to get it in to every day comercial use, thats a little harder to do;-)

Viv

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:16 pm

26DB less noise under the same conditions of thrust etc!!
Ye Gods! that is a huge reduction!
I may have to revise my skeptical position that Pulsating combustors are just guy jewellery ie noisy, dangerous with no real application.

Astounded, stunned and not a little shocked.
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

leo

Post by leo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Viv is the sound reduction for the reason that the new pulsramjet/pressurejet is less pulsejet, and becoming more a ramjet with more steady combustion than the old types.
Cant wait to see the thing!.

Leo.

luc

Post by luc » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:05 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Viv, I love when you are being precise! :o)

A leap forward you say ????

No ... I will say more like ... Wrote down a *'n page of history as far as I am concerned and even if Viv is kinda scared tp say such things. I am not.

Now, I will tell you something that will make you think twice before you guys post anything more here and why we are so cautious in what we are posting.

Like always, we often review our Website statistics to see who's coming on our Website, when and from where. Now read this.

Mr. Yuk is the first one who started this post on Thuesday 21, at 7:31 pm. According to our Website statistics, the folowing day, NASA came on our Website and went trough our Website. Now, no one in GLC or close to GLC contacted NASA, unless one of you guys did and if it is the case, please step forward, we wont shoot you.

Now, I have extended my statistics reaserch all the way from January 1st 2005 to February 25th 2006 and NASA came only once on our Website and it was last Wednesday. So, this tells me they were not monitoring GLC, but strangely, they got to our site the day after we have published and the day after Mr. Yuk posted the first message ... He he he.

So ... Unles someone here has sent our "What's new" page to NASA, I now have the proof that someone in NASA is monitoring Pulse-jets.com

Considering this ... I sure hope now, that no one here will ask us for details, or bitch because we limit what we say.

Hello M. NASA ... How are you ... Give us a call ... We will be glad to talk.

PulseRam ... Stronger, Lighter, Faster ... In both static and dynamic.

Bye bye ...

Luc

luc

Post by luc » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:24 pm

In addition,

It is not that we don't like Kenneth or that we want to compeat Pulse-Jets.com ... Not at all. But I am sure you will understand that considering all the trafic here, which a good portion of it is what we call "Unwanted trafic". I will become obvious that no more details about our PulseRam engine will be posted here.

Mr. Yuk's intentions, I beleive was to spread the good news, which he did and thanks to him. But all futures details will be posted in our forum ONLY, considering it is less public and more private.

Please don't take this bad ... And you are more then welcome to register in our forum, but according to the rules and regulations.

Cya,

Luc