New Glu

Post by Mark » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:00 pm

Presentation is Everything

Rossco
Antipspambot question: 0

re: New Glu

Post by Rossco » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:38 am

Hey Viv,
Is this a baited fish hook thrown at you, you recon?
a Brand New never ran G8-2-20 Pressure jet engine. It is the newest modle
I know, youve proven, humiliated and tossed these over your shoulder, but you know that you're fun to stir!

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: re: New Glu

Post by Viv » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Rossco wrote:Hey Viv,
Is this a baited fish hook thrown at you, you recon?
a Brand New never ran G8-2-20 Pressure jet engine. It is the newest modle
I know, youve proven, humiliated and tossed these over your shoulder, but you know that you're fun to stir!

Rossco
Me? :-) hey you knows its like waiting for a bus? you wait for ages then three come along at once;-)

I had to laugh a bit when I saw this too:-) but for a new engine thats never been run the inside of the tailpipe looks a bit sooty? and as to new model with all stainless construction I have to wonder a bit at that as the only stage made from aluminium is the first and you never get burning there with enough heat to melt ali?

No the claims sound a bit odd but it is Ebay and he is trying to sell after all.

Viv

I did an edit and added a pick of whats happened to ours now we have finished with them:-)
Attachments
Glue20.jpg
Original 20 pounder L shape Glueharef's hanging in the workshop
Glue20.jpg (30.59 KiB) Viewed 19044 times

luc

Post by luc » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Strangely,

When we placed bids on the ones we bought, there was at least 4 peoples trying to out bid us and win the 2 engines you see on the picture.

Now, it seems this last pressure jet auction did not get a single bid, now that we have concluded our studies with our engines and published the results.

I wounder if the message is getting trough and if peoples are begining listen when we publish something now.

As for the aluminium bullshit written on this last auction, one thing is sure ... If your are melting the aluminium stages, this mean you have a very sick engine, as the ones we got and ran, still are in perfect condition.

But, as we all know, some peoples will go to any extend to sell their stuff, even talking trough their hats.

Still, when we will be done with our 3rd generation engine, I predict a very big lost of interest for the "L" shape engines.

Cya,

Luc

Rossco
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Rossco » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:54 am

Ha, i suppose you cant sell these off again now? "these are crap, but do you want to buy them, instead of ours?"

Served the purpose very well tho. And one is Dave's? or something?

Rossco
Big, fast, broke, fix it, bigger, better, faster...
[url=callto://aussierossco]Image[/url]

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:29 am

I'll keep an eye out for any Stram engines for sale. Might as well test them out too I should think.
Mark

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:15 pm

Rossco wrote:Ha, i suppose you cant sell these off again now? "these are crap, but do you want to buy them, instead of ours?"

Served the purpose very well tho. And one is Dave's? or something?

Rossco
Pfffff!! :-) there not crap at all Ross:-) they are early examples of the pressure jet concept with a unique historical value, free from modifications or other tampering these engines are in pristine condition and are available to you as they left their makers hand. bid now! don't lose your chance to add these historic engines to your collection.

But on the other hand it amuses me to have one hanging from the roof of my workshop:-) and yes the other one of these engines will go to Dave the next time he drives up here, as we had 8 inches of snow last night I don't think it will be today though:-) mind you he lives in Buffalo and they tend to get their snow by the foot down there:-)

Viv

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:17 pm

Mark wrote:I'll keep an eye out for any Stram engines for sale. Might as well test them out too I should think.
Mark
You do that Mark and if you find one let me know:-) for my part I will probably send him one of my new engines for free on condition I can have a picture of his face when he opens the box;-)

Viv

luc

Post by luc » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:17 pm

Viv wrote:
Mark wrote:I'll keep an eye out for any Stram engines for sale. Might as well test them out too I should think.
Mark
You do that Mark and if you find one let me know:-) for my part I will probably send him one of my new engines for free on condition I can have a picture of his face when he opens the box;-)

Viv
MUU HAHAHAHAHAHAHA .....

That's a good one ... A picture of Stram's face.

Since when a British guy get to be twisted Funny?

That a good one mate.

cya,

Luc

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:08 am

I remember an old ad out of some magazine for a linear pressure jet that had impressive claims that my brother showed me. I wonder now if it might have been the Stram pressure jet design? The jet had a sharp cone in the middle of the intake if I remember correctly, kind of like a ramjet look.
Mark

luc

Re: New Glu

Post by luc » Sat May 05, 2012 3:01 am

Thinking we really purchased these two ...

Thanks to Mark at the time, who told us about these babys ... And probably the same ones we can see under Pulse-Jets.com "Pressurejets" freebees ...

I wounder where these two are today?
Luc
Designer & Inventor