Mark
Let's find out.
I'm in.
Dave

Mike Everman
Antipspambot question: 0

re: Gluhareff's hand?

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:19 am

Nice specimens. The photos were good enough for me!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Stuart

Re: re: Gluhareff's hand?

Post by Stuart » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:19 am

Mike Everman wrote:Nice specimens. The photos were good enough for me!
It looks like they were mounted as the leading edge of a rotor, but they also squished the intake tubes as well so they aren't circular. Or is that an optical illusion?
I'm writing an automated airplane designer in java, useful later when you guys get ready to bolt a p-jet onto some wings

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:30 am

Stuart wrote:they also squished the intake tubes as well so they aren't circular. Or is that an optical illusion?
Stu, that was standard on this type of engine. Irina is still marketing the oval intake model through 'her' website.

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:19 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:
Stuart wrote:they also squished the intake tubes as well so they aren't circular. Or is that an optical illusion?
Stu, that was standard on this type of engine. Irina is still marketing the oval intake model through 'her' website.
I saw that after I looked at all the pictures. The only reason to do that is to make it conform to the leading edge of the airfoil. I suppose it doesn't screw with the resonance, but it must change the flow a little, given the same cross sectional areas. I would think a more critical adjustment would be the angle of attack of the intakes to the airflow.
I'm writing an automated airplane designer in java, useful later when you guys get ready to bolt a p-jet onto some wings

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:16 am

ALL YOUR ENGINES ARE MINE!!! Hahahahahahaha

Viv:-)

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:38 pm

Ben wrote:If I was a conspiracy type, I'd think that you were buying them to keep someone else from finding out what it takes to tune a Gluey. But you wouldn't do something so anticompetitive... would you?
Ah Ben far from the truth I am afraid:-) we have been waiting for a gluey like this for a long time, and the reason? simple! we want to test it and see how it performs and then publish the results;-)

The reasons are, the performance and SFC claims made of the years by varius people including Eugene, also a simple measurment check against an engine made by him and the plans he sold to see if they are identicle or not.

There has been a lot of stuff said about these engines and we have tried to dispell the worst myths but you know your self some people like to argue with us about our methods, this way we can invite the person in question to suck it and see for him self:-)

As a corporation Ben we can afford to blow 800 bucks CDN for a test like this were a normal member can't, your all welcome to what ever we find out about these motors or to come up here and play with them or even pay your own shipping and do your own tests, no secrets being hidden by us as the real secrets wont be found this way.

The other thing to remember Ben is that as far as we are concerned this type of engine is dead and obsolete! we have stopped production of the L shape engine and any development work to improve it, we have a couple for demonstration and experiments but thats it.

Our new engines are radically differant and don't suffer from the limitations of the original engine, untill we release details publically I am afraid you will have to wait but there are three members who have seen what the new engine is but they are sworn to secrecy:-)

Thats why we are not buying them up to keep things secret Ben, there are no secrets we are worried about in these engines now and any thing we were worried about is now covered by a number of patents.

Viv

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:19 am

I think I'll ship myself to GLC! If I swear secrecy, can I look too?
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:51 pm

Hey, this could be fun!

UPS trucks from all across the US and converging at Canadian border where confused Customs inspectors swear they hear incoherent muffled mumbling…

The only down side is that those guys have firearms and might feel the need to exercise their rights immediately after the demonstration. Yea, they can show you, but then they might have to ...

luc

Post by luc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi guys,

Ben, Mike, Dave ... Nope, our goal was not to keep engines out of reach. As Viv explained, there are numerous reasons why we needed these engines.

One that Viv forgot, is to validate thrust figures using our stand compared to Eugene's one. Again, our goal is not to discredite the man as we always beleive he was a genius. But he did not have the tools, computers and also this forum as we have today and we just want to demonstrate the real things. I am just tryin to immagine Eugene with today's possibilities and I can't stop seing where he could have gone.

We just want to kill, once and for all, all the myths and bullock running around. It is not because someone was Eugene's friend, son or dauther, that they automatically knows what they are talking about and this, we will proove.

Anyway, we plan to keep our first 20 lbs. engine to stick on our new shop wall, one is going to Dave and the other 2, will probably end up back on the market once we are done with and probably for a cheaper price then we got them for.

As for you guys coming over ... There was never an issue with this. You guys are more then welcome to come and visit. We will burn fuel, talk real stuff, scare the shit out of all the wildlife here and chat over a nice beer around a nice camp fire. We will keep the shot shells for the ducts.

As for our new engine, the only thing I can tell you for now, is that it is not an "L" shape, it run nice and stable and it DOES NOT NEED A DAMN FLAME OLDER ... (You heard that ... Strams). But there is more in this engine that I can talk about for now ... But you will soon know ... Don't worry.

Or ... You could travel over and see it ... under STRICK Non-disclosure.

Anyway ... Be our guest guys ... You are all more then welcome here.

Best regards,

Luc