What model gluey is this?

Moderator: Mike Everman

El-Kablooey
Antipspambot question: 0

What model gluey is this?

Post by El-Kablooey » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:18 am

In the pics, you'll see and old gluey. I was thinking of buying this. The seller doesn't know anything about it, except that it is about 36" long and 28 1/2" tall. I was hoping someone here would help me identify it, and give me some idea of what to expect from it. Also for Viv, and Luc, is it tweakable? Is there anything I could purchase from you guys to bring it closer to your 2nd generation jets?

Thanks!
Attachments
21_0.jpg
21_0.jpg (2.05 KiB) Viewed 7852 times
a4_1_b.jpg
a4_1_b.jpg (20.35 KiB) Viewed 7849 times
ca_0.jpg
ca_0.jpg (2.26 KiB) Viewed 7849 times
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

re: What model gluey is this?

Post by Viv » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:44 pm

At first glance and going by the 36" length I would say it was a 20 pounder oval intake design, also the tailpipe looks to be about 3.5".

If you can get a few other measurments I can match it up to the plans and tell you for sure, combustion chamber dia, tailpipe dia, tailpipe length.

The biggest mod would be to scrap the gluey coil and replace it but the oval designs are just not as good as round intake designs at pumping.

Its only worth getting an oval if you want to fly it, to run max power for static or gokart applications a round intake is much better.

If you buy it pressure test the coil! the gluey coils break rel easy

Viv

El-Kablooey
Antipspambot question: 0

re: What model gluey is this?

Post by El-Kablooey » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:21 pm

Think it's worth $150?? supposedly it was removed from a big RC plane that had been broken while in storage. I won't be able to check it out at all before purchase.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: re: What model gluey is this?

Post by Viv » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:28 pm

El-Kablooey wrote:Think it's worth $150?? supposedly it was removed from a big RC plane that had been broken while in storage. I won't be able to check it out at all before purchase.
$150 wont even buy you a coil so a whole engine for 150 bucks is worth a risk:-)

Buy it and play with it I would say, a new coil is about $170 cdn if needed,, if the rest of the motor is ok then it sounds a bargain.

Viv