Gluhareff 130R power failure issue still open ... Any Idear?

Moderator: Mike Everman

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Haaaa ... Mannnn ...

Post by luc » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi guys .....

Haaaaaa ... Mannnnnn .... I don't beleive you guys forgot those little details.
Although I never contributed to this thread, damn, that hits hard. #4, your memory will live on forever in our hearts. And also, I agree on the peak of career pic. Amazing.
#3 Coffee ..... #3.
Luc it is sad to see #3 go.
She was the first Pressure Jet I got to experience first hand, but hopefully not my last.
Please give the old girl a pat on the tail pipe for me.
#3 is a "HE" Dave ... Not a "She" ... What is wrong with you guys??? Can't you guys count and see the difference between a "She" and a "He". Anyway Dave ... Have you ever seen a Girl with a "Tail" ... he he he. If you know what I mean ... He he he.

And as for
Will what is left of her be kept, or will she go to the great scrap heap...
No way, don’t let that happen!
I don't beleive it will. My boss is well aware that #3 is an historycal engine and I think he will go for my recommendations of keep the engine on a rack mount and well shown to anyone that wish to see it.

As for you running another engine Dave ... Well, I guess all this will depend if you'r ready to ... "Go the distance" ... Like they said in the movie "Field of Dreams" ... He he he.

Now ... You guys get your ack together and be serious ... That moment is an historycal moment.

Good day,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Last Day Here ...

Post by luc » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:55 am

Hi guys,

Wellll .... This is it ....
My last day in my actual work ... And my last day in a 4 years saga that lead us where we are today with the pressure jet. Also the last day close to my 5 babys. Lucky enough, I had a last shot yesterday, in running #4 for the time.

Starting next monday, I will start a new saga, which will be even more challenging and where Pressure jets will still be ... Hé hé hé...

Before leaving here, I would like to thanks all who were involved or lend a helping hand on solving the Pressure jet mistery. Like I said above, I will keep on working with pressure jets, but at a different place now.

So .... To keep things seperate, starting next week, I will probably start a new threat in order to keep events apart. Therefore, starting today, I will consider this threat close ... And also, the pressure jet mistery closed and solved.

Again ... Thank and congradulations to all of you on this one ... Cya in another one.

And Noooo .... I did not forget my promisse. This weekend is the moving, next week is the weding, and then honeymoon and well deserved vacations ... But I did not forget.

Regards,

Luc Laforest
Electro-Mechanical Designer
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Re: Gluhareff 130R power failure issue still open ... Any Id

Post by luc » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:08 pm

Greetings Ben,

Ben Wrote
So, by public release, you didn't actually mean public release? I read through the entire thread (yes, read, no skimming), looking at all the pictures (except the ones from Viv's site that aren't up any more, and those damn PC-only IE .html cad files), and you guys still left it in a cliffhanger. After using the forum to figure it all out, I hoped it would be said here, but capitalism wins again.
Looking at your message on a sunday morning, waking up, I really can't figure out if this message is bitching or questions ??????.

But anyway, for you and for all who might think that, like you just wrote, "Used the forum to figure it all" and then pull out, if I understand the tone of your message correctl? ... Wellll, let me clear out some thing right away.

YES ... Viv and I will give to the pulse and pressure jet community, what was gained from this community ... But not until it as been adequatly "PROTECTED". Because I don't know if you have noticed my friend, but on the the Net ... There is some SHARKS awaiting. And we would hate it if 38 pages would serv their own personal goals and profits.

And don't mistake me ... When this will be done, it will be done on private Email request trough our company and adequate paper work will be signed, before we release any informations.

But it will be done ... AS PROMISED.

We have saw to many time ... Peoples preying on informations, making it their own and then, making hudge amounts of money by fooling others.

Beleive me ... It will not happen this time.

So .. If your message was a question, I hope I answered it. And if it was not, I hope I have set the records straight.

On this, I wish you a nice day.

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

luc

Post by luc » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:49 pm

Hooo ... One more thing Ben.
So, by public release, you didn't actually mean public release? I read through the entire thread (yes, read, no skimming), looking at all the pictures (except the ones from Viv's site that aren't up any more, and those damn PC-only IE .html cad files), and you guys still left it in a cliffhanger. After using the forum to figure it all out, I hoped it would be said here, but capitalism wins again.
In addition, one of Viv and I concern upon releasing informations, is that even if we transmit details on "How to Build a pressurejet" It does'nt mean the personne who will get this information will have the adequat workmanship to do it properly. Thus, we could end up later on, with someone who will come back on a forum like this, saying "It's not working and their plans are crap". As you know, it is some time easyer to blame other things then blame our self and we don't want to get in that situation.

We have the knowledge but It does'nt mean we can pass it on adequatly and even if we can, we can<t assume everybody can build one.

Viv and I still have to establish how we will "Return To this community" what we have gained from it. One of the possible scenario we have, is to build pressurejets at cost only, tuning it and sending it with a certificats. No profits taken ... Only material cost plus a very low and small amount to cover our time. Even more and when our company will have strated its operations, Viv and I have even though of building a few spare engines that would be sent to individuals that have contributed to this specific pressure jet forum ... And send them a nice little gift. But as I said, we have to start our operations first.

But again, we have to establish the company first and due to major setback and delays the plans are not ready yet. But rest assure that Viv and I know each individuals that have contributed to this forum. So it is just a question of time, but we are getting there.

So, as you can see, we are still trying to establish the best way to give back to this community, what it helped us gain and rest assured that we will not compromise my, Viv and our company's names, over a few engines. At the end, our reputation will be built on honnesty and quality of products and services ... Nothing less.

But if you are looking for a set of plans or specific informations on this forum, stop loocking ... Because it will never happen. Because next to all the honnest peoples and good innovative mind present on this forum ... There are others ....

So ... I hope it answers all your concerns, if concerns they were ...

Have a nice day.

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Viv

Re: New 130R sun rise

Post by Viv » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:09 pm

Ben wrote:
Luc wrote:Anyway ... And like promised, I will produce a new set of drawings for the 130R that will be publically release. You might as well stick to that material of yours and wait for the new drawings.

I wish I hadn't been on my pulsejet hiatus when all this was going on. I could have stopped by the plant in the beginning of June and seen the engines.
Hey Ben! "Chilllll out man":-)

After 38 pages you think we have finnished? no its an ongoing project! I think Luc has answered in detail but to make it clear.

We have not released our optimised plans yet as we need to protect our and every one elses investment in time from other comercial operators.

Remember these guys have been selling 130R's that don't work for years with no comeback or qualms about it, we certainly don't want to hand them the working plans on a plate!

when we are ready we will give back working plans to people to pay back what every one freely gave to this thread in the form of their time and creative thinking.

And people gave a lot of time and effort as you have read in the last 38 pages, some people gave even more and those two lucky people are inline to receive free an engine each off our first production run of the 130R.

Remember we are now a comerciel operation, we are an incorporated company not some micky mouse vertuel business with only a web presence and no substance.

If you want a set of pressure jet 130R plans emailed to you when they are ready then send us an email to information@glc-inc.ca and write "pressure jet 130R plans" in the subject header and we will add your name to the list, when there ready (cant say when yet) we will send them out to you.

You cant say fairer than that now can you, we have not forgotten were we started all this, and we put a fair bit of effort and time in to paying it back.

That why we started the pulse jet plans restoration project, its not a money spinning venture its to get all the plans redrawn in a modern profesional format, same with the laser cut kits of engine sections, its an attempt to make it easier to build engines for people, the profit margine is minimal.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:18 pm

Whatever has been said -- and a lot has, over 38 pages of the forum; a clear record -- I was never in doubt that the pressure jet investigation was a commercial project. I was not personally involved. Indeed, I followed the thing only cursorily. Yet, the character of the venture was clear to me from the start.

I would not hold these guys to fine details of what they said. I see their point and I think it is vitally important for everyone that they do make some money. We all very much need a professional outfit here, able to undertake ambitious projects, yet retaining an understanding for the problems of the amateur enthusiast. Let's give the Canadian bunch some slack and hope they stay on the level.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:29 am

Ben wrote:Luc;

Yes, part bitching, part questions. It's such a cliffhanger, somewhat dissapointing when I got to the end after three evenings of reading. But I trust Viv, and it looks like he trusts you, so I am happy that you say that it will eventually be revealed. I eagerly await.

You don't need to tell me about the difficulties of protecting an idea. I've been working on one for years now (not related to jet engines) and it seems like I'm never going to see any results.

Honesty and straightforwardness in the pulsejet business is something that has been lacking for some time. I wish you well in your ventures.

I sent Viv a couple links to some research I found on the Logan valveless pulsejet. You should take a look at it too, since your engine is of the same blood, maybe there is something in it that will help further your design even beyond Gluhareff.

Viv, I e-mailed. I'm already chilling out, I had to start a tornado of fire last night to keep warm.

Please keep me in the loop if you do anything further with the Logan plans.

Bruno, yes of course it is apparent that he was doing work for a commercial venture. But that doesn't have to mean that everything goes black once the problem is solved.
Well to summerise a bit.

The intakes of the availible plans are wrong!

The coil design of the availible plans are wrong!

The coil length was an exact match to resonate at the second harmonic of the engines fundamental frequency (bad), the new length was in the thread.

The engine that Luc's old company purchased built to those plans was able only to produce 55lbs, our final engine did 145lbs static on the test stand.

The technical manuel sold with the plans is garbage! its a marketing ploy to cover up the engines real operating mode.

Most of whats written and argued over so hotly in the old forum pressure jet section is also garbage based on the technical manuel so should be ignored.

The coil modifications were in the thread, including brackets to stop them resonating and the number of turns we went for in the end, also the heat treatment needed to stabilise them.

So actuelly most of it was published in the thread as we went along, what has not been published though is the final set of plans with all the correct dimensions and modifications in.

And that is worth a 250 gallons of propane and a lot of work! I garantee you won' stumble on the right set of dimensions though:-)

I for one did not like the fact that we had to stop publishing every thing but as some one got a bit pissy with us we had no choise as we did not want them living off our hard work.

Our plans are our derivative work with our modifications so they are free and clear of any possible issues.

But you will still need to set up a thrust test stand to tune your engine to maximum output once you have built it! we know this as we proved it! five engines were built to the same exact dimensions as the working test engine, and they were built by a very very good fabricator, not one of them hit the mark with out tuning!

This thread is actuelly the best source of tested information on the pressure jet that has ever been published as it is not based on the oppinion of any one person with a vested interest, all the information has been verifeid by actuel testing and the results posted.

sorry if the links to my old home page have gone as it was scraped and redone after a crash:-( I will have a look when I get time and repost the documents on to this site so they work again.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

Post by luc » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:45 pm

Hi Ben,
Yes, part bitching, part questions. It's such a cliffhanger, somewhat dissapointing when I got to the end after three evenings of reading. But I trust Viv, and it looks like he trusts you, so I am happy that you say that it will eventually be revealed. I eagerly await.
I hope you trust Viv and I hope you trust me also because I don't know if you know ... But Viv and I are now maried by contract "Incorporation" ... And evenmore, he live in my damn house. So, I can't go one way without is concent and so on.
You don't need to tell me about the difficulties of protecting an idea. I've been working on one for years now (not related to jet engines) and it seems like I'm never going to see any results.
Honnestly, if you have been at this for years, there is something wrong. It is not that hard to protect an idear, unless you don't know how. But if you want, I can help you do so in a way that you will finally realise that it is not that difficult.

Okeyy ... One more thing. I have been dying to say that and here it is. I know their as been alot of bullshit going on on the Web and we want no part of that. Yes, we are building a buisness on this, but it will be an honnest buisness, which will give back what was given to it. You will just have to trust me on this one.

And basically ... This mean "Help us build this and will help you have your little toy".

I am asking you this ... Have you ever seen on the Web, a company that went public saying :
Viv and I still have to establish how we will "Return To this community" what we have gained from it. One of the possible scenario we have, is to build pressurejets at cost only, tuning it and sending it with a certificats. No profits taken ... Only material cost plus a very low and small amount to cover our time. Even more and when our company will have strated its operations, Viv and I have even though of building a few spare engines that would be sent to individuals that have contributed to this specific pressure jet forum ... And send them a nice little gift. But as I said, we have to start our operations first

So now ... You guys can see our colors and where we are going with all this. And there is some for you guys, so be patient and trust us.

Regards,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:20 pm

Luc wrote:I hope you trust Viv
Depends. For instance, I'd never trust his spelling.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:23 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:
Luc wrote:I hope you trust Viv
Depends. For instance, I'd never trust his spelling.
Whats wrong with my spelling! I think its magic

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:20 pm

In the olden days, you couldn't get a patent without a working model. now, you can patent a rock, and it's no problem until someone claims infringement on their prior rock patent. I had a search done on a great idea and found no less than 12 patents for basically the same thing, for the same industry. I suppose there were suits brought, but maybe not. You have to be a viable concern to be a target. I've still never seen the product for sale anywhere.
You're right though, Ben, it's only the most obvious cases of prior art these days that are caught and it's better than even odds they won't be. I don't even do a formal search through my attorney anymore (just my own on the internet), cause we have to disclose it if we see something similar; my atty being an "agent of the court" and all that. "Never seen THIS before" is good enough.
I've only had one of ten patents denied. They just don't have time to really get into it. The inventor is much, much more likely to fade away and not get on anyones radar screen anyway!
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

larry cottrill

Post by larry cottrill » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:30 pm

Luc wrote:Viv and I still have to establish how we will "Return To this community" what we have gained from it.

Luc
Guys, we need to look at the big picture of what Viv and Luc might be able to do here. What our friends might just accomplish for us [ultimately] is to make it possible and reasonable for anyone to build or own some of the classic pulsejet and other jet engine designs, at least in the smaller scale sizes. My hope is that they will eventually build up a repertoire of standard designs to choose from - something to fit every taste – as plans, kits or even finished engines.

I don’t think this will mean they will do prototyping for you [i.e. a chain of endless changes on an unproven plan] - I think that will still best be done by working out crude models in mild steel on our own. But, it looks to me like they could well become THE place to go for everything you need to build or buy one of the classics [and hopefully, without going to the poorhouse doing it].

[Maybe I could set up a prototyping and testing business - HA! Actually, someone like Steve could probably work that out if he wanted to.]

Viv & Luc, I wish you all the best in this endeavour. If things go the way you seem to want, I think you will end up benefiting the entire jet engine hobby community, and I hope you make some money doing it, so you can continue far into the future!

L Cottrill

Viv

Post by Viv » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:23 pm

Larry Cottrill wrote:
Luc wrote:Viv and I still have to establish how we will "Return To this community" what we have gained from it.

Luc
Guys, we need to look at the big picture of what Viv and Luc might be able to do here. What our friends might just accomplish for us [ultimately] is to make it possible and reasonable for anyone to build or own some of the classic pulsejet and other jet engine designs, at least in the smaller scale sizes. My hope is that they will eventually build up a repertoire of standard designs to choose from - something to fit every taste – as plans, kits or even finished engines.

I don’t think this will mean they will do prototyping for you [i.e. a chain of endless changes on an unproven plan] - I think that will still best be done by working out crude models in mild steel on our own. But, it looks to me like they could well become THE place to go for everything you need to build or buy one of the classics [and hopefully, without going to the poorhouse doing it].

[Maybe I could set up a prototyping and testing business - HA! Actually, someone like Steve could probably work that out if he wanted to.]

Viv & Luc, I wish you all the best in this endeavour. If things go the way you seem to want, I think you will end up benefiting the entire jet engine hobby community, and I hope you make some money doing it, so you can continue far into the future!

L Cottrill
Thanks Larry thats a nice sumation of our intent and the direction that we want to go in, currently we are busy with getting all the I's doted and the T's crossed for our new workshop.

We sorted out the Zoning certificate this morning so we have permission to run our workshop and fabrication from our soon to be converted barn, this was no small step as you can imagine, talking the local municipale in to letting us test 150dba engines in th area must count as bit of an acheavment!

Now we can get moving with construction and testing so the last hurdle has been jumped, we should start posting some interesting pictures next month or so, once I can start building:-)

As to plans and standard engines, I must admit I am a bit disapointed so far with the response form people, lots of encouragement but I have asked before for what people want and very few have actuelly answered!

I am only guessing what engines and plans people want first, so could you please email me at information@glc-inc.ca with your suggestions!

We have a limeted amount of time to use for forum projects so it needs to be used wisely, tell us what you want! plans, whats the engine you most want to see drawn up, laser cut kits, the same whats the ones you want done first. and so on.

Give us some feedback people!

Oh and I will post the final laser cut kit price and shipping charges in a new thread as I have all these now:-) sorry for the delay.

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:41 pm

Viv, but what is there to build?

I know of Schubert, Chinese, Ecrevisse, Escopette, Foa, Saunders Roe, Lockwood, Logan/NRL, Thermojet, Bohanon and Reynst -- plus various trick-intake stuff like the Tesla, the Wislicenus, the SNECMA centrifugal intake etc. The others seem to me to be just variations on the above. Even some of the listed ones can be considered just variations of teh others.

For an amaterur enthusiast, only six or seven make sense.

If you are very ambitious, you might offer the Chinese, Foa, Lockwood and Thermojet. I wonder if any others make sense. Those four represent all the major configurations and can be varied with different layouts of bend, recuperator etc.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:56 pm

Bill can tell you more, but it was definitely not crap.
Attachments
hot.jpg
hot.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 20983 times
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.