Gluhareff 130R power failure issue still open ... Any Idear?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Paul Thonnard

Post by Paul Thonnard » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:55 am

Hi Luc,

I wish I had more ideas for you, but I ran out a while ago. I have been keeping up with all of your discussions and have to say that I hope you keep your conversations on this forum, as you are helping me come to an understanding about an engine that has intrigued me for decades. Thanks for sharing and I hope that at least you are willing to give some conclusions - be they positive or negative on this forum.

Cheers,
Paul

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:24 am

Hi people, just a quick note to say this is currently a silent thread on an email list at pressent but it is not a dead thread just temperarily silent:-)

I will come back and post the results of the work and progress made as soon as I am able too.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

130R Power Failure

Post by luc » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:08 pm

Hi guys,

Following on Viv's previous message ...

Not dead but temporary silenced until a precise date, that can't be revealed for now.

Why is that? ... Well that too, can not be explained here ... for now.

Don't worry guys, you will all understand soon .... And I will stick to my words ... Thrust me.

Cya,

Luc .... Out .....

And gone .......

Graham C. Williams
Antipspambot question: 0

Some strange ideas

Post by Graham C. Williams » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:11 pm

Dear all.
Just posted some strange ideas to Viv. Hope they spark the mind into a few new directions.
Best Regards
Graham.

Viv

Re: Some strange ideas

Post by Viv » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:04 pm

Graham C. Williams wrote:Dear all.
Just posted some strange ideas to Viv. Hope they spark the mind into a few new directions.
Best Regards
Graham.
Yes he did and I did find them strange:-)

But he has made me think as he usally does:-0

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

130R Power failure ... IT IS OVER

Post by luc » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:27 pm

IT IS OVER .....

See the message below............

Luc
Last edited by luc on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luc

130R Power failure ... IT IS OVER

Post by luc » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:36 pm

Greetings guys,

Well ... After a long absence from this forum and topic ... I am here to tell you this : ..................IT IS OVER.

It is now prooven, tested, recorded and pictured ... FIRST time in over 40 years.

145 pounds .... SOLID

Now... Patrick, on a regular base, run our engine from 125 to 145 pounds of thrust, for an average thrust rate of 135 pounds. Without ever exceeding 165 psig. of fuel inlet pressure.

Attached to the posting are 3 pictures. Those are the pictures of our scope screen views ... If someone would think of decriminating those, remember that I had to angled the camera to avoid window reflection. But the reading are accurate, the scope calibration was verified numerous times.

I would like to point out that no one, and I mean NO ONE could or had the solid proof of what the Gluhareff 130R could really deliver in thrust figures... Until today. And this was finally prooven by 5 idiots.

So, this message would not be complete, if I did not take the time to thank and congradulate Viv Collins (idiot #2), Ramond Cage (idiot #3), Dave Long (idiot #4) and finally but not the least, Patrick Croteau, our loyal and dedicated jack of all trade mechanic (idiot #5).

A job well done guys .... Congradulations and thanks for your support guys.

I would also like to thanks and congradulate all of this forum guys, who have positivaly contributed in helping me ... That success is yours too...you know.

I would like to finish this by a word that my father once told me ... He said and I quote "Who is the biggest fool? ... The fool that knows he is a fool and listen to become less of a fool? ... Or the man that think all the others are fools except him ... And never listens?.....................................

I will leave you one this now.

Party time for us now.......

Cya,

Luc Laforest ....... (Idiot #1)
Attachments
125 pnds Proof 1.jpg
(168.48 KiB) Downloaded 1115 times
125 pnds Proof 2.JPG
(168.75 KiB) Downloaded 1113 times
130 pnds proof.jpg
(179.68 KiB) Downloaded 1155 times

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:00 pm

Hoooray!
What was it? What was the fix?
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Graham C. Williams

140Lbs

Post by Graham C. Williams » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:57 pm

Viv rang me with the good news. Good work lads.
Graham.

Paul Thonnard

Post by Paul Thonnard » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Luc,

Congratulations to you and the crew!

I am curious to hear the fix, when you're ready to share.

Paul

luc

130R Finally Fixed

Post by luc » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:04 pm

Thank you Paul,

As for the fixs ... Not now Paul. I know you guys are ancious to know and beleive me Paul, I will keep my words ... But I can't for now.

Also ... Do you guys realize, that until today, since no one could realy demonstrate or proove, that the 130R engine they have built, purchased or sold, were fully fonctionnal and how many peoples wasted and lost their money on that engine.

I know one thing today ... That we were ripped OFF of $3,200.00 US, when we purchased our first engine. I wonder today, how many peoples were also ripped off, after all those years?

I don't know if you remember Paul, a few weeks ago, there was a posting from someone, saying that he saw the plane were 2 Gluey 103R were mounted on and that he remember someone saying to him that Eugene him self, always had problems with the 130R. Welll ... Let me tel you budy, that was perfectly correct.

We know now, that when Eugene designed the 130R, he encountered a few mechanical "Dead End". Why and where? .... Well, those details will come later ... Thrusth me, you have my word, they will come ... But not now.

Anyway ... Now you guys know ... As for the 130R, watch what you'r buying ... And WHERE you'r bying it from ....

That's my best advise, for now....

Cya,

Luc

Paul Thonnard

Post by Paul Thonnard » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:00 pm

Hi Luc,

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you give some guidance on when you will release the fix for this engine? Last year I acquired the materials I needed to build a 130R, but don't want to get started on a project that would otherwise be doomed for failure.

Best regards,
Paul

luc

New 130R sun rise

Post by luc » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:08 pm

Hi again Paul

He he he ... Soon and this years also.

Anyway ... And like promised, I will produce a new set of drawings for the 130R that will be publically release. You might as well stick to that material of yours and wait for the new drawings.

Cya,

Luc

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:32 pm

Good job! Fellow Canadians (and especially 2 Quebeckers? hehe) did it!

Do you plan to show us some footage?
Anthony

luc

130R The new generation

Post by luc » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:50 pm

Hi Avenger,

Averger said
Good job! Fellow Canadians (and especially 2 Quebeckers? hehe) did it!

Do you plan to show us some footage?
Actually ... It was 2 Quebeckers, 1 British and 2 Americans ... Plus a few aothers that contributed to that succes.

And yes ... Plans will follow ... Soon.

And thanks for the nice picture ... Avenger. Actually, last night I was talking to Viv, about the Avro Arrow and there you are, posting a picture.

Here Viv ... Look above budy ... That the Arrow. The Canadian pride ... The plane that embarassed the American so much ... They made use cut this plane in pieces and destroyed all the drawings. It is said once, that on a test flight, the test pilot took the plane across the great lake, straigt into USA. When the closest millitary base spoted the plane on it's radar, the Arrow was just above the base.... Imagine the pilot saying "Helllooooo guys .... Too late ... I am here".

At that time too, the Arrow came-up ready for flying when the US U2 Spy plane program at is peak. The Arrow, with all his speed and altitude records breaking, was the only plane that could fly up, follow, play with, and shoot it down ... Easy. Damn ... I can't beleive we did that.

Anyway ... Thanks for the picture ... Avenger. The bottom of this, was not the American fault ... It was the Canadian Goverment, who did'nt have the balls to say ... NOOOOOOOOOO.

Good memories .... Avenger.

Cya,

Luc