Gluhareff 130R power failure issue still open ... Any Idear?

Moderator: Mike Everman

Anthony
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: 130R The new generation

Post by Anthony » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:29 pm

Luc wrote:Hi Avenger,

Averger said
Good job! Fellow Canadians (and especially 2 Quebeckers? hehe) did it!

Do you plan to show us some footage?
Actually ... It was 2 Quebeckers, 1 British and 2 Americans ... Plus a few aothers that contributed to that succes.

And yes ... Plans will follow ... Soon.

And thanks for the nice picture ... Avenger. Actually, last night I was talking to Viv, about the Avro Arrow and there you are, posting a picture.

Here Viv ... Look above budy ... That the Arrow. The Canadian pride ... The plane that embarassed the American so much ... They made use cut this plane in pieces and destroyed all the drawings. It is said once, that on a test flight, the test pilot took the plane across the great lake, straigt into USA. When the closest millitary base spoted the plane on it's radar, the Arrow was just above the base.... Imagine the pilot saying "Helllooooo guys .... Too late ... I am here".

At that time too, the Arrow came-up ready for flying when the US U2 Spy plane program at is peak. The Arrow, with all his speed and altitude records breaking, was the only plane that could fly up, follow, play with, and shoot it down ... Easy. Damn ... I can't beleive we did that.

Anyway ... Thanks for the picture ... Avenger. The bottom of this, was not the American fault ... It was the Canadian Goverment, who did'nt have the balls to say ... NOOOOOOOOOO.

Good memories .... Avenger.

Cya,

Luc
I was so frustrated, when I learned we succeded in the drawing and construction of such an airplane, and that a too much conservative governement cancelled it to buy crappy nuclear-tipped Bomarc missiles...
Attachments
arrowrl205.jpg
Avro Arrow 1 RL 205, the last Arrow 1 prototype, that was to be followed by Arrow 2 RL 206 with 2x 19000lb thrust Orenda Iroquois
arrowrl205.jpg (49.64 KiB) Viewed 12116 times
Anthony

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

130R new generation

Post by luc » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:01 pm

Hi Avenger,
I was so frustrated, when I learned we succeded in the drawing and construction of such an airplane, and that a too much conservative governement cancelled it to buy crappy nuclear-tipped Bomarc missiles...

Yeap Budy .... After the killed the Arrow program, 14,000 Canadians poeple went on unemployment, many of them commited suiccide and most of best Canadian engineers that survived this event, got a job on the NASA space program.

And if you look under the fuselage, just were the wing begings, you will see doors. This plane preliminary design included internal weapons storage. And we are talking what, 45 years old design. Only today, they are starting to understand the importance of internal weaons storage. Now, they have that on the F-22 Raptor and the LHX Comanche program. More then 30 years after the Arrow.

Yes, it is frustrating ... But in one way, I see it like this ... We scared the shit out of them with our Arrow plane and after that, we went across the border to help them put their damn orbiter in space. So .... Today, I look at this with a smile ... Hé hé hé.

The Few ... The proud ... The Canadians ... He he he.

Cya budy ... And thanks for the picture.

Luc

Viv

Smoke and Mirrors and plain misdirection!

Post by Viv » Wed May 05, 2004 3:11 am

Hi every body!

I know you have all been waiting for a long time for this but you will have to continue waiting patiently for a while longer:-)

I am in Canada at the moment staying with Luc and his family who are very kindly putting up with me, I flew over last week on a cheap ticket and have been having a marvelous time snow boarding and seeing the sites.

Today I spent testing the engine at Luc's factory and can confirm that it now reliably runs at 130+ pounds of thrust, but this is the motor that we have ended up with after a lot of hard work and testing that has not been published as yet.

The reason for that is simple, it seems that some people were not so happy about my and others help on this project and went so far as to call us idiots and ridicule our efforts.

Frankly that just plain annoyed me as I can only assume from what I have been told that these people have a commercial interest and that it what was behind the attack, the best answer to that treatment I think is success! and as off today I can confirm that Luc's engine as modified by the efforts of our small group does in fact not only produce 130lbs of thrust it runs up too 145lbs

Luc's company purchased a 130R engine from one of the noted pressure jet suppliers and as sold this engine would not produce 130lbs of thrust as the plans it was made too were fundamentally flawed, the best that it produced out of the box was 50lbs.

Now we have checked the available plans for the 130R and they all have mistakes and errors, some seem deliberate! some are just different size components and some are scaling errors but you can not build an engine to those plans and get it to work at 130lbs thrust.

If you have a vested interest and you think I am wrong please prove it, build an engine to the plans and information that you supply and then simply get it independently tested and if it runs at 130lb plus at 160psi fuel pressure I will happily apologize and sing your praises to all and sundry.

But my proviso is that it is to the plans exactly as supplied by you now and does not contain any other modifications or alterations.

Now we are only discussing the 130R thats the round intake version not the stream lined version, this is the one that has been mentioned as difficult to get running and it has not had a verified thrust reading published only anecdotal references to having produced any decent thrust.

Eugene as it turns out was not only very clever at producing the idea of the pressure jet! his master stroke I believe was making everybody think they knew how it worked! not only did he succeed admirably at that but he then toped it off by making certain individuals think that they were the only ones to have received the secret, since then they have just capitalized on that at our expense.

The published materiel and documentation do not actually tell you how the engine works or how to change the design, it is very well done as it happens as it took nearly four months and a lot of careful experimentation to discover the truth of how it work.

Smoke and mirrors and plain misdirection my friends but now we have got past that we will publish a working set of plans that will give you a working engine a little later in the year.

Viv
Ps documented test runs and photographic evidence can be provided to support the above performance figures.
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

luc

Outch

Post by luc » Wed May 05, 2004 3:14 am

Outch...

That I have to say...

Cya,

Luc

luc

Hooo Noooooooooo

Post by luc » Wed May 19, 2004 12:49 pm

Hi again guys,

Last week I made some discovery that I think you guys should know about before getting in the adventure of building and running a 130R.

You should also know that last week I have carried out a number of test using 2 engines (#3 and #4), engine #4 being an EXACT copy of engine #3. And remember that engine #3 is the one that can produce up to 145 pnds. and still does by the way.

Well guess what ... Engine #4 never pushed more then 75 pnds. And after aprx. 3 hours of running, 26 gallon ($50.00) of propane fuel, I brought the engine up to 115 pnds. of thrust ... And it is not over yet.

So ... These test clearly demonstrated that even if you build 2 IDENTICAL engines. The second one build to the first one and the first one was delivering 130 pnds of thrust, well the second one won't.

Each engine are UNIQUE and requires that they be built and tuned by the hand of a knowledgable individual. Therefore, alll those internet advertising you guys see. Advertising of "mass production", "Build it in your garage" and "Ready to Run", well all this is bull shit. It take knowledge, tools, instrumentations and A LOT OF FUEL. Otherwise, the only thing you will get, is a huge steel can, trowing fuel, flame and noise ... and haft the thrust. But you won't know better.

Therefore ... My advise is ... If you want to save your self ALOT of troubles, purchase it already built, tunned and request a thrust test graphic or certificate .... Before you put your money into that.

Regards and have a nice day.

Luc

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed May 19, 2004 1:34 pm

I like hearing about interesting unexpected results like this. I wonder since you had to tweak and hover over it until it peaked, if something like going up in altitude to a city like Denver would throw it out of whack again?
Mark

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed May 19, 2004 4:17 pm

At any rate, it reminds us a tiny adjustment in the intake stack has exponential results, good or bad. Pulsejets are very fragile in some respects, even though they make a lot of hot air.
Mark

luc

I don't think so

Post by luc » Wed May 19, 2004 6:17 pm

Hi Mark,

Mark said...
I like hearing about interesting unexpected results like this. I wonder since you had to tweak and hover over it until it peaked, if something like going up in altitude to a city like Denver would throw it out of whack again?
I don't think so Mark. Remember, these things were designed to fly ... And flying require altitude changes. From what I see with engine #3, is once it is tunned, the engine will keep on giving thrust whenever requested too.

Even regarding our concerns about ambient temperature changes ... Well, #3 baby is still putting up with the thrust request even if the temperature ranged from 39° to 77°F now. So ... As you can see, the engine is not that fragile, once it is tunned ... But it has to be tunned and this is no easy task.

So ... Were you guys live is not a concern, compare to were you got the engine from, how did you build it, what plans did you use and how is it tunned.

Hope it clarify things,

Regards,

Luc

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: 130R new generation

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed May 19, 2004 7:33 pm

Luc wrote:The Few ... The proud ... The Canadians ...
Luc, buddy, sorry about this, but I just couldn't resist... :o)
Attachments
Canuck_IT.jpg
(212.21 KiB) Downloaded 423 times

Anthony

Re: 130R new generation

Post by Anthony » Wed May 19, 2004 11:05 pm

brunoogorelec wrote:
Luc wrote:The Few ... The proud ... The Canadians ...
Luc, buddy, sorry about this, but I just couldn't resist... :o)
I will personally come to Croatia to say you hello... There are more Canucks than you think here ;) .

Just kidding, I actually found it pretty funny hehe.
Anthony

luc

The cannuck

Post by luc » Thu May 20, 2004 12:50 am

He he he ...

No problem guys ... I can take a joke. Especially knowing that mostly, it took a cannuck to solve the 47 years old pressure jet mistery.

He he he ... Here guys ... Take that ....

Again ... And like said before ...

The few ... The proud ... The Canadians .....

He he he ...

Cya,

Luc

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Thu May 20, 2004 5:42 am

Luc, I have said that before in this forum -- I used to work with the Canadian military. Of the 22 different national military outfits I have had close contact with, Canadians impressed me the most. They were the best organized, the most efficient and the least prone to bullshit. If that is any indication of how Canucks work in general, my hat's off.

luc

The Cannuck

Post by luc » Thu May 20, 2004 11:55 am

Thanks Bruno,

I also worked with the Canadian and American millitary and travel around the world, will working with NATO. This made me realise that Canadians are well appreciated all around the world, for their peace work and passif nature. I can say the same for our close neighbor doo ... He he he.

Welll what can we say ... What goes around ... Come's around ...

Again ... Thanks Bruno.

Cya,

Luc

luc

My Signature

Post by luc » Thu May 20, 2004 12:00 pm

Here guys,

Since it seems that Canucks generate alot of interest here ... I have made my own little posting signature ... He he he.

Look under my name

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Paul Thonnard

Post by Paul Thonnard » Fri May 21, 2004 2:34 am

Hi Luc,

The tuning of your other engine is curious indeed, given you have the same dimensions. Did Dave leave the recording equipment with you? It would be interesting to see how different the FFT spectrum is between your 145lb engine and this one.

Later,

Paul