What plans to use?

Moderator: Mike Everman

edjumacated
Antipspambot question: 0

What plans to use?

Post by edjumacated » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:20 pm

Hi.
I've wanted to make a pressure jet for some time, not for any particular purppose other than the technology is cool.
I've read through the various threads here, and gleaned as much information as I can from the internet generally, pulled the various rather badly drawn plans that are available from the public domain.
My question, therefore, is this:
For a 20lb pressure jet, what is the best set of plans to use? I have a set pulled from teh net, is it worth paying someone for 'real' plans? And if so, who? I notice that R Q Riley are linked from here, wheras the others aren't, is that any indication of 'community acceptance'? The big 130lb thread seemed to indicate that the various commercial plans were worthless, is there a _single_ set of working plans out there?
Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this.
Ed

Bruno Ogorelec

Re: What plans to use?

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:32 pm

Ed, I think I can speak for Kenneth, the owner of this website, who is probably too busy to respond. At the moment, this website and this community does NOT give formal approval to any commercial builder of engines or parts, seller of the same, or publisher of plans. Let the buyer beware.

In my personal opinion, none of the suppliers of those things that I am familiar with are really trustworthy. Most of them are no better than prick extension pill merchants.

Two exceptions here.

-- Bailey Machine Services is an honest little firm very slowly producing superb copies of the Dynajet engine.

-- Two guys who have a strong connection to this forum, Luc and Viv of Canada, seem to be heading towards being another outfit worth your trust. See their website at www.glc-inc.ca. I am not sure how far ahead they are in their plans, though.

edjumacated

Post by edjumacated » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:59 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Ed, I think I can speak for Kenneth, the owner of this website, who is probably too busy to respond. At the moment, this website and this community does NOT give formal approval to any commercial builder of engines or parts, seller of the same, or publisher of plans. Let the buyer beware.

In my personal opinion, none of the suppliers of those things that I am familiar with are really trustworthy. Most of them are no better than prick extension pill merchants.
Understood, espicially in these litigious times. It does seem a little odd to me that the links page for this site contains direct links to what, for wont of a better phrase, might be described as snake oil merchants (need I mention that I have yet to receive my CD from a certain Mr S from NZ), and yet the two links you give as 'probably good' ones are nowhere to be found.
Anyway. I assume that glc-inc are the guys who were behind the big 130lb thread? I'll contact them direct, and see what happens.
Ed

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:27 pm

Well, as far as I know, old man Bailey does not have a website, but you can find contact data under "Manufacturers". Luc and Viv are too new for Kenneth to include them, I think. He rarely makes changes to the website -- he's a very busy young man.

Mr. Yuk

Post by Mr. Yuk » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:49 pm

The plans I bought are available in the link provided for $20. They were 8' x 4' and 1:1 scale. All you had to do is make templates and trace it right onto your metal, which I think is much better than looking at a CAD drawing. They were put together rather nicely.

http://www.unitednuclear.com/jetplans.htm

tufty

Post by tufty » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:11 pm

Mr. Yuk wrote:The plans I bought are available in the link provided for $20. They were 8' x 4' and 1:1 scale. All you had to do is make templates and trace it right onto your metal, which I think is much better than looking at a CAD drawing. They were put together rather nicely.
I think the OP was looking for something that was guaranteed to make the claimed thrust, something which is, I gather, rather lacking in the plans that are generally available. Thinking back to the mother of all gluhareff threads, I seem to recall that Luc was unable to get more than 55lbs off the '130lb' model as drawn on the test stand, and given the money that they threw at the project and the skilled technicians involved I sincerely doubt that manufacturing was to blame.

So, although the plans might be quite nice to look at, I'm not sure you're going to get 20lb from any of the 20lb plans that are generally available. As Viv pointed out to me while I was doing their site [1] (and assuming I haven't misunderstood), even starting with a 'good' set of plans, there's going to be tuning needed to get the desired thrust level.

Personally, I'd go for plans, parts, or even a built and tuned jet from Viv and Luc, but I am not wholly unbiased, and basically have little idea what I'm talking about when it comes to pressure jets. What it comes down to is that Viv and Luc are the only ones since Gluhareff to have (publically) reproduced the 130lb jet with its claimed thrust and verified the results on the test stand. I'm sure that someone buying plans or parts from them would not be left out in the cold when it came to tuning.

I do agree that a set of 'good links' might be a good idea but Kenneth is overworked as we all know[2]. I have a links page that is going to be put up on the glc-inc site (hopefully before the new year, but I'm overworked as well ;-) that should be relatively trustworthy, I'd certainly suggest forwarding 'known good' links for suppliers etc to Viv & Luc.

Simon

[1] I put together the site for glc-inc, so I am not a wholly uninterested bystander - although I make no money from any sales they make, they have been entirely trustworthy from my POV and I hope they succeed.
[2] Still, it surprises me that there's no link to http://glc-inc.ca.

luc
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by luc » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:07 pm

Hi Guys,

tufty, Mr. Yuk, Bruno Ogorelec and edjumacated,

Listen guys, first of all, I want to thank some of you that obviously are showing trust in Viv and I and Conception GLC inc.

Up to now, Viv and I have demonstrated that we are honnest 100%. We have paid our Website peny on dime, no one ever had to run after us and this will never happen beleive me. Today, I have purchased over $2,100.00 of construction material to insulate the shop and we will probably spend our Xmass Holiday working in it.

As for what is out there for pressure jets, beleive me guys ... Don't go on that venture. Viv and I have discovered that Eugene, From day 1 and even on his Patent, has hidden alot of stuff in order to protect its technology, even after its patent would have become public property. When Viv tells you he was a clever man ... Please, beleive him.

As for where we are right now, all the informations required to do a true set of plans is actually in our notes, test results and in our head. When some of you said "That we will never let someone in the cold" ... He was 100% correct. The difference between GLC and some others, will be honnesty, reliable support and speed. Now, if one of you want to travel all the way to Roberval and help us with the drawings process, we would sure take you guys up on this one. Viv and I are just well above our head with the amount of work .... But we are getting there ....

Any volounteer ?????????????????????????????

As for the link to our Website ... Viv and I just plain don't understand what is going on. We have made dozens of request to Kenneth, he even promissed to have the link up in a week and that was weeks ago and Conception GLC inc. paid 1/2 of this Website web hosting fees.

Imagine the frustration we are going through, when we see a few of those "Snakes Sites" listed and ours simply not.

For my self ... I am plain mad with this situation ....

End of the line.

But thanks for your trust guys ... We will be up to your expectations.

Cya,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:11 pm

In a year or two Luc, I plan to show up in canada , possibly before some freinds do, to just set things up and get travel and accomadation set up for them while i get back to old freinds. If you need a helping hand still at that point and could help me get up to Quebec, i would be more then happy to help out.

Tom
Experience speaks more then hypothesizing ever can. More-so in chemistry.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:11 am

If you had only decided to establish your business in a place of warm climate, I'd be tempted.

On the other hand, what the hell would you do with a guy that's mostly talk? Around the shop, one usually wants to avoid those...

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:27 am

Man, if I were young and footloose, I'd be there in a NY minute.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Stephen H

Post by Stephen H » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:42 am

i would help if there is anything a not terribly cleva guy can do from his computer in NZ??

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:34 pm

Luc and Viv
I already have the maps printed out for the general area, but will need details on how to find you. Look for me sometime after the spring thaw.
Dave

luc

Post by luc » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:37 pm

Actually,

What we really need now is 2 set of strong arms.

Viv and I have to put up 1670 sq/ft. of insulations and another 1670 sq/ft. of Gyproc, and those 4' x 10' sheets are quite heavy. After that, we need to bring in a 1/2 ton stove and put up the chimney. All this before Jan 1st. 2005.

I am not requesting anyone to move ... But mayby just a small X-mass vacation ... Closer to the North Pole and Santa ... Hé hé hé. You could live at Viv's place ... or mine, enjoy the snow, the cold, seeing all Santa's Back and forth trip to get his gifs.

Even, considering our engines will be much more easyer and faster to build, I could probably put up a prime ... He he he ... What a bad Lad I am.

Okey ... For each one that show up (St-Hedwidge, North Pole) and help us put up the shop .... There is a free pressure jet, thrust ratio to your choice, as a free prime ... He he he.

As Dave, he did the trveling once ... And get to have his ... As promissed.

he he he ... What a bad lad I am ....

Merry X-Mass to you all.

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor

Mr. Yuk

Post by Mr. Yuk » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:40 pm

Luc & Viv,
I really wish I could help!!! To bad I can't drive yet... Man I really have a lot of respect for you guys, with all of the work that you put into this project. Maybe someday I could come up and visit!

On another note, what are you guys doing for a nosecone? Are you spinning it yourselves?

luc

Post by luc » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:02 pm

Okey ... Now I am very pissed-OFF,

I have asked many time now ...
Where is Kenneth?????????????????, Where is our link???????
And still no answer and still no Link.

Next time ... I will think twice before aproving another $100.00 donation to this site.

Does this ring a Bell ... Kenneth???
Hi Luc, Yes I know , and thank you very very much :)
the link will be on my page with in a week
kenneth

And this was November 8th, 2004 ... Kenneth.

And guys ... Don't tell me he is very busy ... Because everyone have some time ... During X-mass vacations.

To me, there is no damn difference between a guy that sell CDs and don't ship them and one that make promisses and don't keep them.

Keep the *'n $100.00 for all i care Kenneth ... But let me tell you what's next if we don't see our link come up. We (Viv, Luc & Conception GLC inc.) will pull out of this Website ... Including ALL additional informations, Data, advices and knowledges.

You've made me very angry now ...

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor