Pressure Jet plans

Moderator: Mike Everman

PiK
Antipspambot question: 0

Pressure Jet plans

Post by PiK » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:17 am

What is the big deal about plans for the engines?. Does everyone on the web want to make money off of theese kind of things. I don't want to pay money for plans and then get ripped off by someone. That's a waste of my time and money. This is an interesting field of science I would like to learn more about. But, I think I've reached my limit of free learning. I can still get plans for free, but i'm still limited on the material I can get my hands on. Does anyone have any reliable websites I can get some plans from and pay atleast less $75 for them?

steve

Re: Pressure Jet plans

Post by steve » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:31 am

did you already see the plans on this website (free)?
http://www.pulse-jets.com/count/pulse.php?ID=25

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:01 am

PiK wrote:What is the big deal about plans for the engines?. Does everyone on the web want to make money off of theese kind of things. I don't want to pay money for plans and then get ripped off by someone. That's a waste of my time and money. This is an interesting field of science I would like to learn more about. But, I think I've reached my limit of free learning. I can still get plans for free, but i'm still limited on the material I can get my hands on. Does anyone have any reliable websites I can get some plans from and pay atleast less $75 for them?
As Steve said there are plans on this site in the pulse jets section, link from the top of the home page, there is also a set of plans for the five pound pressure jet engine.

The trouble is all the plans are old and some of them just plane wrong in places, you have to remember that this all started back in the 1900s and apart from military research and some college investigations its been left up to the amatuers to do the plans!

There just arent that many about aimed at us is the truth of it:-) Myself and Luc have started a restoration project for plans but its tacked on to the side of our comercial business so we have to sell the plan sets to pay for the time to redo them acccuratly, one engine takes about a man week of work not including any testing thats required.

Start off by downloading all the availible plans from this site, theres lots so that will give you something to look through as a start, adapt them if you can but build it first get it working then experiment.

You don't say what sort of engine in particuler you are looking for or for? post a reply and you will get more advice, we ar a pretty friendly bunch here.

And yes getting ripped off has unfortunatly been a problem in the past, ask here before you buy is the best advice I can give you.

Also all of this depends on your skill level and availible facilities for metal working and welding, again post a reply and ask for advice you will get more than you need:-)

As for fre information, there is more than you or I could read in one life time, search the NACA technical report server for old militry funded research, look at universitys for other information, broaden your search to include topics on combustion and combustion instability, lots of other search topics you can find or ask about.

people here have posted a load of interesting papers and patents, USPTO is a good source too.

As to your main question about pressure jet plans read the power fail thread in the pressure jet forum! yes its 38 pages but it will convince you not to buy pressure jet plans for $75 as they and all the others don't actuelly work that well.

That tread led me to set up a company with Luc to market and develop the pressure jet and I know for a fact we are the only ones with a working set of plans! we will post the plans for that engine in the forum later, but for now we can't due to comercial considerations, basically we dont want the others ripping us all off!

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

PiK

Post by PiK » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:24 am

For some retarded reason, I never thought of looking at the plans on the site. I just noticed it said pressure jet at the top. I'm an idiot. Are they proven to work? Are pulse jets any better than pressure jets(thrust wise that is)?

Viv

Post by Viv » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:53 am

PiK wrote:For some retarded reason, I never thought of looking at the plans on the site. I just noticed it said pressure jet at the top. I'm an idiot. Are they proven to work? Are pulse jets any better than pressure jets(thrust wise that is)?
never mind its like trying to find the butter in the fridge, its always hidden out in the front:-)

Pressure jets have to be tuned for maximum thrust, so you need to build a test stand with a thrust gauge, building to plans will not yeald the full results untill you tune it, don't beleave any one who tells you otherwise!

Pulse jets are a lot more forgiving in this respect but can also be a bitch to sort out and get running, pick a plan that people have built and recommend, work forward from that point.

Pressure jets also need better build standards and the materiels are harder and more expensive to obtain, the heat exchanger coil has developed a host of "lore" to go with it:-)

I would recomend building a valveless to start with, what sort of thrust do you want? or is it some thing to experiment with?

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

PiK

Post by PiK » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:52 pm

Yeah, I guess I should start with the Valveless design. I'll mess around with that awhile and get the design down. Thanks for the help.

luc

Post by luc » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:34 pm

Hi PiK,

I am Luc, Viv's partner.

Let me rap it up for you bud.

1) Yes, the pulsejets work and plans are everywhere.
2) Yes, valveless works and plans are everywhere.
3) Yes, there is Pressurejets plans you can find, but as Viv and I have proove it, if you build to those plans, they will just deliver 1/2 of the rated thrust. For now, Viv and I are the only one having the true plans and they wont come on the Net until they properly protected.
4) If material is your biggest problem, our company has easy access to any type and grades of Stainless Steel and we can help you with that.
5) After all this, If you are still interested in a pressurejet, they will soon come in a form of laser cut flat pack kit or completly assembled units, they will be thrust certified and only available through our company.

Next to that, just watch where you are stepping, considering there is alot of false advertizing arround.

If you need advise, help or any suggestions, feel free to contact Viv and I through our WebSite and we will gladly help you.

Regards,

Luc
Luc
Designer & Inventor