RAM JET TIP JET HELICOPTER engine govener plans wanted

Moderator: Mike Everman

dave12

RAM JET TIP JET HELICOPTER engine govener plans wanted

Post by dave12 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:17 pm

the united states army built a helocopter powered by ram jet tip jet engines
these engines also used fuel goveners
I need the plans for these governers
and any info Iwant to build an engine for testing and need the governer plans and any info.............. direct contact philxxx@xtra.co.nz

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: RAM JET TIP JET HELICOPTER engine govener plans wanted

Post by Viv » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Dave

One of the problems of fueling a tip jet engine of any type is the force exerted on the fuel in the fuel pipes leading from the hub to the blade tip, it has been both documented in the past that fuel pressures of 500 psi or more are to be expected in some configurations when measured at the blade tip.

As yet I have not seen any plans or workable proposal for a governor other than a simple throttle/ on/off fuel valve under the pilots hand.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

dave12

Post by dave12 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:35 pm

the US army tested helicopters powered by
there RAM JETS NOT the GLUHARREF PRESURE JET TYPE..........THESE fuel problems you mention were corected by useing goveners
how they worked was the more the blades spun RPM the more the goveners worked
there was a person called craig wall
a few years ago........that has one of these helicopters

Viv

Post by Viv » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Dave

Yes I know Craig but my comments were not confined to one type of tip jet as it applies to all of them really but as far as I know nothing online has shown up on the governors used in the ram jet applications, unless there are some old plans some were it could turn in to a forgotten tech situation and that would be a bit sad, we faced the same type of problem a year ago with a project but solved the issue in a different way, but I would from a technical standpoint love to know how it was solved originally.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

dave12

Post by dave12 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:06 am

criag was the one that told me about the goveners..........would you ....if you have contact with him..........ask if he knows where i would get these govener drawings.........hes the man .........regards to all

Viv

Post by Viv » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi Dave, haven't spoken to him since the other year but I have his details in a legal file I had going up here as a possible expert witness, I will see if I can hook it out for you, also you might try emailing Gluehareff helicopters at tipjets.com as he has acted as a consultant in the past to help people with pressure jet problems and ideas for designs.

Viv

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire