Ram Jet Motor Jet ? patent 2547095

Moderator: Mike Everman

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Ram Jet Motor Jet ? patent 2547095

Post by Viv » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:18 pm

We do not have a specific motor jet forum but as Ram jets are the nearest cousin I suppose the Ram jet forum will have to do, after all its only a Ram jet with a fan on the front;-)

This patent dates back a bit but I think ether Larry or I have mentioned it before, with the interest in Vacuum cleaner powered ram jets (Hoover Jets:-) its worth another look.

The original patent was awarded to J B Robins and basically uses a small model aircraft type combustion motor to drive a ram jet, the whole lot is in a nice little shroud.

Today one of the ducted fan electric drive units would be a nice replacement with an electric fuel pump for the ram jet.

How much extra thrust would be developed is debatable but its perfectly feasible to work this up as a realistic afterburner assembly to add a touche of realism;-)

Viv
Attachments
2547095.pdf
(289.06 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

lucky rookie
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by lucky rookie » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:08 pm

i think this type of engine may of been used on an italian aircraft back in the war i cannot remember the name but i saw something on the discovery channel
ill have a search around and see if i can come up with something

lucky
i WILL get this pulsjet running even if my wife says i wont

Viv
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by Viv » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:16 pm

lucky rookie wrote:i think this type of engine may of been used on an italian aircraft back in the war i cannot remember the name but i saw something on the discovery channel
ill have a search around and see if i can come up with something

lucky
Yes you are nearly correct:-) heres a wiki link to get you started http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondo_Campini

Campini was the man of the moment back then with some interesting design work and some flying prototypes

Have a look at the Thermojet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermojet

I think what's interesting here is an RC motor jet based on a ducted fan electric motor.

I don't think any one has ever built a real Campini but it would be a good project for one of our flying members;-)

Viv
Attachments
Cc2.jpg
Image from Wikki
Cc2.jpg (7.71 KiB) Viewed 6121 times
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire