maggie muggs video???

Moderator: Mike Everman

scorpio_vette
Antipspambot question: 0

maggie muggs video???

Post by scorpio_vette » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:05 am

hi,

i saw the article on the net the other day about the little jet build out of coffe mugs, and i could have sworn that i saw a video of him testing/running it........unfortunately i can't seem to find it anymore and while searching found this site.

does anybody here know where i might be able to find that video, or other videos of little jets like that????

thanks

larry cottrill

re: maggie muggs video???

Post by larry cottrill » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:32 pm

scorpio -

I'm sure you're (well, OK, I'm not sure, but you might be) thinking of the video of Steve Bukowsky's 'TLAR Ramjet', which is a fully welded mild steel design of about the same size. It's right below here on this forum:
http://www.pulse-jets.com/phpbb2/viewto ... sc&start=0

Just scroll down a little into the first page of the thread until you find the .zip file. That's the one you are probably thinking of. Note that if you go down further through the thread you will find his dimensioned plans for this very successful engine.

My original Maggie Muggs has still never been run, though some clones have been tested successfully by others. I think it's very cool to see people getting little ramjets running - it just seems so close to impossible, at the air velocities we can come up with.

L Cottrill

scorpio_vette

Post by scorpio_vette » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:57 pm

well that wasn't exactly the one i remembered, but that was cool too......for some reason i can't seem to find alot of videos of ramjets. everytime i find a vid, it's of one of the other types of engines.

so if anybody knows of other good ramjet vids, that would be appreciated.

now to see if i can make one of those things work.....that would be pretty cool.

Zippiot

Post by Zippiot » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:24 pm

I'll try to piece back together my modified maggie muggs and take a vid, hopefully it will get done within the next few days.

I do have a pic of it on startup:
Attachments
674698992_m.jpg
Starup, not running lean enough
674698992_m.jpg (3.9 KiB) Viewed 5100 times
Sailing Student- How do I know if my life jacket is tight enough?
Me- Can you breathe?
Sailing Student- Yes
Me- Then its too loose!