Hi everone, im new to the jet world...

Moderator: Mike Everman

Pr1mus
Antipspambot question: 0

Hi everone, im new to the jet world...

Post by Pr1mus » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:30 pm

Hi everone, im new to the jet world (and to the forums here) I am trying to get effective designs for a ramjet for my go kart. It alreasy has a 5.5 briggs and stratton on it and goes 28.6 mph. So all I need is to figure out how to make a ramjet that can produce a decent amount of thrust at 20mph. From what I can see, all a ramjet is is a tube you move through the air and inject feul into...

well here is an idea for mine, it is probably a complete failure of an idea, but at least I tried

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatnot9jz.png

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8845/whatnot9jz.th.png

any ideas hints or comments would be appreciated, or even a complete redesign. well thanks for a moment of your time.
If you drive, drive safely
If you ride, don't ride with idiots
If you drive like an idiot, DON'T DRIVE DOWN MY STREET

El-Kablooey

re: Hi everone, im new to the jet world...

Post by El-Kablooey » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:07 am

The first thing you will need to do ia make your kart go at least 10x faster, then the ramjets may work if designed properly.

I must say I like your handle though, Primus is one of the greatest bands ever in history.

Look into valveless pulsejets, they may suit your purpose. just read (ALOT) through the forum, you will find a huge amount of info.
On an endless quest in search of a better way.

Pr1mus

Post by Pr1mus » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:13 pm

thank you, I will do that... how much thrust do you think one of thes valveless pulsejets can provide? I would like at least an additional 6 horsepower, that would be approximately 12lb of thrust, right?
If you drive, drive safely
If you ride, don't ride with idiots
If you drive like an idiot, DON'T DRIVE DOWN MY STREET

pezman

Speaking of Primus...

Post by pezman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:51 am

Speaking of Primus, I saw Buckethead n concert just last week.

Frickin awesome

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:10 pm

I must say Pez, I am suprised. Impressed but still suprised. I didn't really expect anyone here to even know who Primus was, let alone Buckethead. I'll bet your a fan of Les Claypool's newer stuff too, eh?

pezman

Primus, Coinmonster, Buckethead, RSTA etc.

Post by pezman » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:32 pm

The bigger surprise was that my sister was a Buckethead fan. You'd never know it to look at her -- she seems so normal.

I haven't been listening to to much of the thrashy fusion stuff lately - getting old, I guess, although I have been dipping into Coinmonster a bit. I guess that my current favorites are Dream Theatre, Yngwie and Steve Vai (ok 'm a guitar head) and I take the occasional foray into NWOBHM or Neo-NWOBHM stuff (e.g. covers of Dio tunes by U.D.O., Condition Red by Iron Savior etc.) for old times sake.

Another current favorite - Ritual Space Travel Agency's "Ratbelly vs Gorgotron" -- a real genre defying effort.

Another oddity that I got into, courtesy of my sis -- Letters to Wendy's. I actually got to read several of those poems before they were published since my sister hung out w/ Joe Wenderoth a few years back when he was teaching at Bucknell.

This is what I love about the Internet -- no matter how bizarre you are, there's someone out there that you can relate to -- and it's not hard to find them.

"Kabong" - sorry for hijacking the thread.

marksteamnz

Post by marksteamnz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:29 pm

You young people should be listening to good old fashioned music.
"The Screaming Blue Messiah's" or "The Violent Femmes" for instance.
You know some days getting old is worth it. VBG
Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz

El-Kablooey

Post by El-Kablooey » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:11 pm

young people?? LOL.. I guess I'm not quite "over the hill" yet, but I'm no spring chicken either. next birthday I'll hit the big 30.