Nord 1500 Griffon Project

Moderator: Mike Everman

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:28 pm

You could fire off an email to the fellow. Ask him the specifics of his scientific method of testing. I'd hate to think someone has bettered Bruce Simpson in his claims.
Mark

milisavljevic
Antipspambot question: 125

Post by milisavljevic » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:37 pm

DELETED.

milisavljevic

Re: Nord 1500 Griffon Project

Post by milisavljevic » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:23 am

DELETED.
Last edited by milisavljevic on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al Belli
Antipspambot question: 0

Post by Al Belli » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:03 pm

Hi M. ,
I am finishing the thrust stand this week, and hope to have a " Chinese " ready for testing the week after. I am in no particular rush with this project, so don't worry about the delay. We all, unfortunately, have to
pay our bills etc. !!

Thanks,

Al Belli

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:08 pm

DELETED.
Last edited by milisavljevic on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:46 am

milisavljevic wrote: After the recent turn of events (and the setback implied), I can understand any reluctance you may have, when it comes to posting images and|or specifications on our forum. C'est la vie.
I'm at a loss here. What does this refer to?

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:31 am

Oh, I think that's M.-speak for "I'm not going to play if someone is making money off of this". He doesn't know how honorable Viv and Luc are.
Mike Often wrong, never unsure.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:31 am

Mike Everman wrote:Oh, I think that's M.-speak for "I'm not going to play if someone is making money off of this". He doesn't know how honorable Viv and Luc are.
Uh-huh. On the other hand, "all is fair in love, war and pulsating combustion".

milisavljevic

Post by milisavljevic » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:43 am

DELETED.
Last edited by milisavljevic on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Apologies, M. I guess I don't understand, I was just being cute, trying to boil it down to a sentence. I guess I'd rather that you voice what your gripe is, and speak clearly without being cryptic. You are dealing with good people here. I don't understand the threat if you don't explain it, give a chance for rebuttal, etc. You might be surprised.

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:38 pm

milisavljevic wrote:Dear Bruno, I believe that you have repeatedly taken pains to establish just how "honourable" you are.
Camp out much? At least you are harmless... Or should I quote THGTTG, and say, "mostly harmless"?
Milisavljevic, I don't know how to read this. I guess I have to be careful in interpretation. English is not my first language after all. For instance, the phrase 'Camp out much?' does not tell me anything.

In addition, you are an odd person, judging by your postings, which makes accurate interpretation of your words additionally difficult.

At first glance what you say looks offensively patronizing and dismissive of me on more than one level. I hate to think you meant it that way, as I cannot see a reason. I don't remember ever offending you intentionally or doing anything else that could have rubbed you the wrong way, but then, my memory is not brilliant. If I have done so, please remind me. Allusions will not do.

On the other hand, you often sound very patronizing in your postings, so maybe it's a general attitude, rather than an attempt to say something about me in particular.

You say I have 'repeatedly taken pains to establish just how "honourable" I have been'. I am not aware of efforts to establish anything. I have taken pains to be a decent person. This forum is a very small part of my life. I am trying to be the same (I hope decent) person in the forum as I am elsewhere. There is just one Bruno Ogorelec. I am an open person, too. I do not hide either my identity or anything else. What you see is what you get.

'Harmless'? Um... what the hell could you have meant with that? Sounds as if you're talking about a bug. One might squash the creature, but why bother; it's harmless. Again, I hope you have not meant it the way it sounded.

But, what did you mean? What would 'not harmless' be in comparison?

I would perhaps ignore your words, but you have become a very prominent man in this forum. Many people (myself included) would like to partake of your knowledge -- at least the part you are willing to share. Knowing where I stand is thus important. I would really welcome an explanation from you -- preferably in simple and unambiguous language.

Al Belli

Re: Nord 1500 Griffon Project - engine

Post by Al Belli » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:19 pm

Hi,

I am currently working on an advanced design, Malroux style valveless pulsejet, with intake and exhaust augmentation. The basic dimensions are of a 1/3 scale Malroux # 10 engine as shown in his patent. The basic engine has a 5" combustion chamber diameter, and is about 15" long, without the augmentors. I have several ideas on how to improve the intakes for increased performance and combustion chamber pressure supercharging. The " guesstimated " thrust should be about 27 pounds of thrust, without the " tricks "and augmentors, according to Malroux's estimated thrust of 250 pounds for the full scale # 10 engine. I have not been able to contact M., so I am proceeding on the project without His assistance.

Thanks,

Al Belli

Mike Everman

Post by Mike Everman » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:03 pm

He's an odd bird, that M. You can be sure he's watching, though.

15" seems very short acoustically. You will need quite a bit of mojo in your fuel!

tufty

Post by tufty » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:39 pm

Mike Everman wrote:He's an odd bird, that M. You can be sure he's watching, though.

15" seems very short acoustically. You will need quite a bit of mojo in your fuel!
Well, the Malroux #10 was the one I posted the pdfs for yesterday[1], that I thought was bloody short. But, as Bruno pointed out...

... t'aint necessarily so.

Simon

[1] And forgot to post the name of the inventor...

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:53 pm

Ah, beautiful! People are finally branching off into alternative layouts. Frankly, the Lockwood, exciting enough though it is, has become almost ubiquitous. All of a sudden we are seeing annular Lockies, kazoos, bongs (soon, I hope), Logans, Malrauxes... I am tickled pink. This is the reason I've been busy publishing all those different designs over the years. God only knows which one (or several) will prove to be the best choice for practical applications. there are so many around we have never even seen working.