Nord 1500 Griffon Project

Moderator: Mike Everman

tufty
Antipspambot question: 0

Re: Nord 1500 Griffon Project

Post by tufty » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:18 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:All of a sudden we are seeing annular Lockies, kazoos, bongs (soon, I hope), Logans, Malrauxes...
Soon enough, soon enough. Need to get my flame-throwing gear back from the neighbour so I can fix up the intake and it should be set. A couple of days, with luck.

In the meantime, there's this...

Simon
Attachments
wankle.jpg
Totally off-topic, but funny nonetheless
wankle.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 8368 times

55dcyinely
Antipspambot question: 125

Re:

Post by 55dcyinely » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:
milisavljevic wrote:Dear Bruno, I believe that you have repeatedly taken pains to establish just how "honourable" you are.
Camp out much? At least you are harmless... Or should I quote THGTTG, and say, "mostly harmless"?
Milisavljevic, I don't know how to read this. I guess I have to be careful in interpretation. English is not my first language after all. For instance, the phrase 'Camp out much?' does not tell me anything.

In addition, you are an odd person, judging by your postings, which makes accurate interpretation of your words additionally difficult.

At first glance what you say looks offensively patronizing and dismissive of me on more than one level. I hate to think you meant it that way, as I cannot see a reason. I don't remember ever offending you intentionally or doing anything else that could have rubbed you the wrong way, but then, my memory is not brilliant. If I have done so, please remind me. Allusions will not do.

On the other hand, you often sound very patronizing in your postings, so maybe it's a general attitude, rather than an attempt to say something about me in particular.

You say I have 'repeatedly taken pains to establish just how "honourable" I have been'. I am not aware of efforts to establish anything. I have taken pains to be a decent person. This forum is a very small part of my life. I am trying to be the same (I hope decent) person in the forum as I am elsewhere. There is just one Bruno Ogorelec. I am an open person, too. I do not hide either my identity or anything else. What you see is what you get.

'Harmless'? Um... what the hell could you have meant with that? Sounds as if you're talking about a bug. One might squash the creature, but why bother; it's harmless. Again, I hope you have not meant it the way it sounded.

But, what did you mean? What would 'not harmless' be in comparison?

I would perhaps ignore your words, but you have become a very prominent man in this forum. Many people (myself included) would like to partake of your knowledge -- at least the part you are willing to share. Knowing where I stand is thus important. I would really welcome an explanation from you -- preferably in simple and unambiguous language.
End Quote

What a wonderful man. Even in the face of opposition he came out shinning. He was without drought a pillar in his (or) in this community. Remember the feeling you got from the first successful running pulse jet you built? From everything I read of "Bruno Ogorelec" that’s how he viewed life.
My only regret is I didn’t get to talk to him in person.
Tom, Larry, Mike, His legacy does live on.
Thank you again
Doug

Bruno Ogorelec

Post by Bruno Ogorelec » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Wow! Thank you. Makes a nice ending to a nice Saturday.

I still keep an eye on the field, but from a great distance. I left the forum for all practical purposes a long time ago, when it became thoroughly unpleasant. By that time, however, I had very little to contribute anymore. It was no great loss, either to the forum or to myself.

These days, I write poetry.

It's just as exciting as jet engines, but much quieter. :)

Regards,

Bruno

James D

Post by James D » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Enthusiasm is a fragile commodity and easily crushed.

It's such a shame that this forum is effectively dead now, especially as it was allowed to happen.

Viv

Post by Viv » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 pm

We are in the summer doldrums so most people are busy with family stuff and vacations, with the fall fast approaching (so hunting for me;-) people will start playing in their workshops again a bit more, you can expect to see more activity on the forum over the winter.

Viv
"Sometimes the lies you tell are less frightening than the loneliness you might feel if you stopped telling them" Brock Clarke

Viv's blog

Monsieur le commentaire

55dcyinely

Post by 55dcyinely » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Bruno Ogorelec wrote:Wow! Thank you. Makes a nice ending to a nice Saturday.

I still keep an eye on the field, but from a great distance. I left the forum for all practical purposes a long time ago, when it became thoroughly unpleasant. By that time, however, I had very little to contribute anymore. It was no great loss, either to the forum or to myself.

These days, I write poetry.

It's just as exciting as jet engines, but much quieter. :)

Regards,

Bruno
Contra, my friend your contributions to this forum has bridged a gap between friends.
I.E. Valveless Pulse Jet Engines 1.5, a historical review of valveless pulsejet designs
Even if just one, you have inspired me. “And back from the dead at that”
My aim is to inspire, rather than teach. My goal is to demonstrate that jet power is
accessible to everyone in a great variety of simple ways. Should you find the inspiration?
plenty of information on the practical steps towards jet power will be available elsewhere.
End Quote
So, this is no small miracle. I’m in my late 50’s and not many people inspire me anymore.
I can understand why you chose the path you did, when it is no longer fun why do it. I have decided that in life, one has control over only one self, and no other. So for me I’ve made a concuss decision to focus on the good and healthy things in live. I don’t fault or judge you. I try to find good in everyone.
Mine is not a glass house. I am not a proud man. I am not a big and important man, nor am I a wise man. I stand on the earth as many men. And when it rumbles beneath my feet, I’m humbled to find how small and how little my part is in this world. So, what I learn is mine to keep or share. I chose to share. If I can inspire but one, my chalice is full.
You won’t find that quote anywhere, I’m a bit of a poet myself.
I’m not offering you advice, just know that what you consider as “nothing to contribute anymore” simple is not true.

55dcyinely

Post by 55dcyinely » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:24 pm

James D wrote:Enthusiasm is a fragile commodity and easily crushed.

It's such a shame that this forum is effectively dead now, especially as it was allowed to happen.

Not True! Just look at Arnold, the “Govennator “As a small child wave’s at everyone, than they age learning not everyone shares the same “Enthusiasm”. As adults it changes to optimism!
That is the way I see it.

Mike,
Sorry if I spelled Govennator wrong