Reynst pot help

Moderator: Mike Everman

Fileeraus
Antipspambot question: 125

Re: Reynst pot help

Post by Fileeraus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Now just a bit shorter pipe with same results :?

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 am

You pay your nickel and you take your chances. ha
Here's another snorkeler with the same problem. This long skinny shape has never worked for me. Skinny snorkelers start up fine but suddenly start to die out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCLWX_nIYc
One winter when the air was cold and dense I started up my 8 inch diameter 2.5 gallon piglet snorkeler with a 1.25 inch diameter snorkel about a foot long which would never run in summer. But when it finally started up it was so loud and fierce you could barely hear yourself talk when shouting. It's so unbelievable to hear it run in high gear, yet so hard to repeat the effect on demand. It was quite cold out that day, my hands were freezing. I had to warm the tank with a torch just to get the methanol to reach its flash point which is 11 to 12 °C (52 to 54 °F; 284 to 285 K). Below this temperature it won't light with a match or evaporate enough to be able to light.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol
Presentation is Everything

Fileeraus

Post by Fileeraus » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:04 am

Well, I'll be doing more testing soon with ethanol, maybe thats the key. Probably isn't but I'll try. Also I will try it with my turpentine mix :D I wonder if I could convert it into a thermo-jam? Might be loud.

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:52 pm

I think just cutting the snorkel down a little more would be the best bet. Turpentine will produce some really smelly fumes I imagine and probably won't work. Ethanol would be fine to try but methanol is more perky and a little less fussy about fuel/air ratios. You want something that's not critical about fuel/air ratios.
Presentation is Everything

Fileeraus

Post by Fileeraus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:09 pm

Welp, air compressor broke down, I'll try to fix it but it might be hopeless..